hi evryone!

• 8 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:22:44 PM »
hi im tina
i played guitar & wrote songs & played in bands when i was younger, now my kids are finaly growing up ive got some time to do it again & did FAWM & 50/90 this year (dont know if youve heard of those?) but they were just amazing but when they were over i got realy down so i decided i need a forum like this to keep me going!
i am a total rocker & only play electric & like to play loud...hahah!
look frward to joining in here
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:24:37 PM by tinam »
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:50:35 AM »
Hey Tina

Welcome to the songwriter forum! I hope you find this a good place to reconnect with your musical self, and get back into the groove.

Good to have you with us :)

Tone
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »
Listen to Tone, he's clever ;)

Good to have you here!
Defective Elector

Dutchbeat

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
Hi Tina, welcome!

You have me wonderingalready..what is "FAWM & 50/90"?

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 09:55:09 PM »
thank you all for the welcome! you might regret it when you get fed up with me speaking my mind hahah!
FAWM is february album writing month where you have to write 14 songs in 28 days
& 50/90 is its big sister where your sposed to do 50 songs in 90 days thru the summer
 they both sound totaly mad things to do but theres a giant community to support you & a big online social side & the pressure to meet the deadline realy does get the creativity flowing!

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 08:34:40 AM »
FAWM, 50/90... etc.

I do something similar to generate ideas. Basically 24 new song ideas in 24 hours.
Obviously not whole songs but just  try to find a hooks, rhythms or interesting chord progressions which can be developed. I have never yet got to 24, and out of all the ideas maybe only two or three actually develop into anything, but the deadline, freedom and tiredness does drive me into unexplored areas.

The problems arrive when I now have to arrange the song, learn all the parts, program the drums/midi, rehearse the guitar and bass parts, realise that the drums and midi aren't quite right, iterate around that loop a few times and then start the mixing.......... :o  :D
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 04:32:54 PM »
ok thats a good idea.. but i dont know a bout you but when i learnt to play guitar id sit in my bedroom & play but that only gets you so far its when you join a band that things realy take of musically for you cos your interacting with others
....now i think most of us here are back in our spare rooms making  music arent we?
& that is where FAWM & 50/90 are so great becos yuo can collaberate with people around the globe to write & make music & you bounce ideas of one another... & hey presto your back in those early bands again & music is realy exciting again! & you all want to impress one another so you push yourself to creative places you never thought were possible
.....anyway sorry i just had such a great time i cant stop taliking about it as you may have noticed ;D

Dutchbeat

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 07:05:32 PM »
Hi Tinam,

to be honest, that Fawm thing sounds weird to me
why put pressure on it?

and why in february?
...and not december

(and in summer? 50 song in 90 days?)
in that waysongwriting almost sounds like work, something that has to be done at a certain pace, on the up side, luckily it is about songwriting  8)

but why not write a song, or half a good song whenever one feels like it
why are people making up rules like that, to increase 'productivity'?

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »
dutchbeat you are saying exactly what i said before i was persuaded to try it... i was a huge sceptic!
i would normally write half a dozen songs a year.... but this year i went totally bonkers at fawm & 50/90 & wrote & collaberated on nearly 70 & some are the best ive ever done & i had a whale of a time doing it
i dont know how it works but it did... its not about productivity its the creativity that just goes crazy

anyway im new here i dont want it to look like ive come here just to advertise Fawm & 50/90... they just left me wanting to find a musical community that carries on all year round