• 19 Replies

Bad Robot

• Busker
« on: December 14, 2010, 07:53:32 PM »

Written, played, recorded by S Hall Dec 2010, vid is just for fun

Nathan1709

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »
I enjoyed that.  I like a bit of electonica.  It's something I'm interested in experimenting with myself when I get a decent laptop or mac.  Liked the video too! 

Sorry, it's not a very constructive critique but I don't know a great deal about this genre!

Relentlessfish

• Busker
  • Bearded Weirdo
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »
hey tis a nice chilled out number,

Electronica isnt my music of choice but i could quite happily sit down and listen to this :)

Bad Robot

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »
Thanks guys for your kind words and encouragement, Im looking forward to being a member and listening to other peoples material.

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »
Hi there :)

I enjoyed it even though it isn't my kinda music really and so find it hard to give a valuable critique.
I do think the drums were maybe a little loud in the mix although that might be typical for this kind of music, I just don't know. For me they just didn't sound quite right.
It was a wierd mix I thought, A bit eighties with a dash of pink floyd and a sprinkling of The Bee Gees :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Bad Robot

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 07:33:04 PM »
Thanks for that I will watch for drum volume in the future, It has been mentioned before, Maybe I.m going deaf, lol. I am trying for a retro feel using modern tech etc, so your comments about style is interesting. Thanks for listening, and your construct opinion and advce.

Simon

Dutchbeat

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »
wow! bad Robot
exciting

I love this music

the ending, is the only down site (that the music stops :D, but also the abruptness)

Dutchbeat

these high bleepy sounds in the drum sound like like they are from one of these tiny white casio VL-1's, are they? 

Dutchbeat

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 07:08:48 PM »
I enjoy this so much

best I heard in ages

thanks Bad Robot!

this recording is absolutely the best

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 05:07:43 PM »
Hi Bad Robot,

Welcome to the forum.  I enjoyed listening to your song.  The drums may be a little loud but they sound great. I found the keys to be very enjoyable  and also the spoken word intro.  If I was to change anything, I'd make sure that the main vocal was louder in the mix.

Best,

Paul

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »
Hi Bad Robot

First off, welcome to the forum, and sorry for my late appearance on this thread.

I really enjoyed your song, and thought the production was fantastic. Great sounds, great feel, very clean and tidy.

I did feel like the melody could have done with a little more movement though, it feels a little understated at the moment, and maybe that's what you were going for, but I'd have liked to have heard it progressing a little as the song played on.  Perhaps a little vocal harmony would add a nice touch?

Looking forward to hearing more of your music :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Bad Robot

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 11:10:33 AM »
Thanks Tone and Pablo, I am enjoying my first week on here, what a great little community, I am looking forward to looking at everyones work. Your comments are very much appreciated, and will go a long way to help me progress, Thanks again guys

Bad Robot

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 01:29:13 AM »
wow! bad Robot
exciting

I love this music

the ending, is the only down site (that the music stops :D, but also the abruptness)

Dutchbeat

these high bleepy sounds in the drum sound like like they are from one of these tiny white casio VL-1's, are they?  

Hi Dutch thanks for the flattering review, I am new and just finding my way around, I will be reviewing other peoples stuff over the next few months I think its a great way that we can help each other out. The sounds you refer too where from an old Korg workstaion X3
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:44:16 PM by tone »

Zelig

• Busker
    • Isocelus
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 10:07:46 PM »
I like it a lot! Nice sound. I agree the drums sound a bit too loud, though. The vocals sound a bit like 70's disco to me, nice groove. And I'm a Fred Astaire fan and I like what you did with the video.

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 10:23:29 PM »
I really liked that. Definitely not the kind of music I usually listen to but maybe I should!
Production is top notch, the song has a good structure, can't really make out many of the lyrics but I'm not sure that matters too much. In fact I think that was great! Well done!

Sort the ending out though! A bit abrupt that.

Is this all keyboard?

Bad Robot

• Busker
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 01:35:27 PM »
I like it a lot! Nice sound. I agree the drums sound a bit too loud, though. The vocals sound a bit like 70's disco to me, nice groove. And I'm a Fred Astaire fan and I like what you did with the video.

Thanks Zelig for taking time out, I will look at drum levels as this seems to be the main critcism, You cant all be wrong, lol. Its something that has been mentioned previously throuhout the years so that will be helpful to me if I can sort this issue out when writing new material. Love this forum, and loving hearing everyone elses work, it's a very postive, creative atmosphere. Thanks again