Rebuilt Heart (Re-Mixed)

• 19 Replies

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 09:43:26 PM »
Hey Elvis! So, you are back again? ;-)

Good song, playing and singing.

Personally I felt the background vocals were taking away from the song, but since everybody else liked them I guess I must be wrong about that.

Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 02:20:51 AM »
I didn't hear country in this.  And I didn't hear Elvis. 

What I did get was early Roy Orbison.  And I can't tell you  how big a compliment THAT is for your song.  I can't believe  no one heard Roy in this song.  WOW. 

Originally, as I listened, I tried to recast this (in my "mind's ear") as a "country song" and was annoyed it wouldn't quite fit that mould. 

Then you hit the chorus, and I knew what it was, and what it should be.  Beautiful. 

Dude, you REALLY can write and play and sing. 

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 06:59:01 AM »
Somehow I think I have missed about two versions of this one!

Not a country fan so for me this was "just country enough" - I think you could call it country pop or even country rock.

I think the song is original and excellent - it has a wryness that I like without descending into humour. Arrangements worked for me. Production I think has been addressed by others more qualified than me.

The one idea that I couldn't shake is that the line "careful from the start" should have a rising melody not falling as you have it - perhaps only in the last chorus but that could carry the energy and insert some additional emotion. Not necessary, but that's what I anticipated coming and it didn't arrive.

But, at the "heart" of everything, great songwriting and delivery.

igg

• Solo Gig
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »
Hi Guys,

Wolfman - Thanks for the listen and crits...There were still some BG vocals that were aligned ....so I moved them around a bit...I think they are better....

HTM - You are far, far to kind...Roy Orbison and Marty Robbins are in the upper reaches of my pantheon....so a very heartfelt thanks to even be mentioned in the same sentence....

Adam - You are right....I was listening to it yesterday and I though exactly the same thing....so I changed it up and fixed it in a way that I think works a lot better.....Thanks for your time and advice..

igg

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »
The vocals were great and I think you got the layering of the backing vocals spot on

The biggest improvement you could make with the BVs is trying to get the timing of them a bit better, which will help pull them together a bit more

There are actually plugins that will help with this "vocal alignment" to save you having to re-record them

The guitar licks were tastefully chosen and the guitar tone was really nice

The only bit of the track I didn't like was the drums - when they got going and established a groove they were great but the fills were really distracting and pulled me out of the track a bit

I loved the ending where you just leave it hanging
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic