Hi Everyone

• 10 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« on: October 20, 2020, 05:03:16 PM »
Deepest apologies for having lost contact the last few months,it's not that I don't love you all!

Without going into too much personal detail,my father and stepmother's health issues continue to dominate my days. Add into the mix dealing with hospitals,social workers and financial institutions,I seem to spend countless hours banging my head off several walls on a myriad of issues.

Sadly music,either listening or creating has completely gone out the window for me,I can't rest or take pleasure in those things as it makes me feel guilty for not doing all the other necessary chores.

I sincerely hope you are all coping in these crazy times and perhaps someday my music mojo may return.

Be safe,good people.

Davy.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 05:11:26 PM »
Hi Davy

Lovely to hear from you again. You're a huge miss around here...we'll all be over the moon when you make it back...as I'm sure you will.

Take good care of yourself...you're a proper gentleman.

With my very best wishes

Paul
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »
Hey @Skub !

Sorry to hear you've been going through a rough time with family - navigating health systems and all that goes with it can be very stressful so you're right to minimise that as much as possible.. I hope that soon music won't represent that for you and that you return to entertain us with some new music and witty banter..

Take care of yourself as you take care of those around you.

Karen.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 07:04:40 PM »
So good to hear from you Davy @Skub I'm really sorry to hear about the shit that you have been going through. You really have been sorely missed for your wonderful music and personality. Sending you all the very best wishes  :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 07:11:13 PM »
Hi @Skub, you were a cornerstone of this place so of course it is not the same without you, your wonderful music and the encouraging words you gave to many of us.

Hopefully you will get through all of this, with luck as soon as is practicable. Most of the older songwriter members on here will be able to empathise with you, as it comes with the passing of the years, all this delightful crap!  ;) But I’ve found myself that this roller coaster of life still has a few ups as well as awful downs. I wish for you a few ups as soon as possible.

Although you’re not feeling creative, understandably - well maybe listening to your quality back catalogue once in a while will make you proud of what you’ve achieved and give you a little temporary solace. All the very best.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 07:14:52 PM »
Heyo Skub. Sorry to hear about what you have been going through. I can't relate, but I can empathise as best I can, and I agree there has been a Skub-sized hole here the last few months. Take it easy, mate. Will be thinking of you and looking forward to your return to forum life.
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 08:43:58 PM »
Hi Davy, @skub. Sorry to hear about your family issues, dealing with institutions is a tough thing to do anyway, but during difficult times it’s even harder. My thoughts are with you and hope to hear from you again in the not too distant!

Cheers

Jamie

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 08:55:23 PM »
@Skub - Blimey Davy man, If we can help from afar somehow, i guess not much we can do, except say I just miss your fingers on that Strat, but not as much as the Strat misses them...

Come home soon...

Sad to hear of your struggle with authority and ever tightening grip of institutions that are supposed to offer aid, reminds me of that awful uncle that offers sweets and takes them away at the last minute.

Rich

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 10:51:24 PM »
So nice to hear from you, Skub. I noticed your absence. And I can really relate to medical and health system issues. I've been having my own with various family members.

I look forward to when you can return!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 09:56:08 AM »
Davy,
Good luck with the family, its all part of this wonderful ups and downs of life I guess, not that it makes it any easier.
And your mojo will return and we'll all still be here.
Keep safe
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 08:48:53 PM »
Hi Davy.
shitty times at the mo, and its never great to hear about anyone going through what your doing right now.
Hope things improve over time and you can get back on the horse.
Best wishes mate.
Andy