konalavadome

Forgot to mention

• 21 Replies

calafinestrat

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2024, 08:40:51 PM »
@CorkingCrackBand
Thanks for the kind comments. I've decided to take on board the mixing suggestions and I'm going to have another go using some of the ideas provided. Watch this space as they say.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2024, 02:33:58 PM »
Hi @calafinestrat

Musically this is very basic and is based on one central riff, but that's ok because you use different lead melodies in the different sections. It works well.

As others have said, the mix is not right and the vocal sound doesn't work so well. My advice would be to listen to a commercially released reference track. This song doesn't sound like Green Day to my ears, but it could if you had a good listen to one of their tracks and tried to get similar guitar bass and drum sounds. There are some good Youtube video's which explain how Green Day get their guitar sounds and they're certainly worth a watch.

Best of luck to you.

calafinestrat

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2024, 04:46:12 PM »
@Nick Ryder
Thanks Nick. I don't really want to try to emulate Green Day I just remembered hearing a track on a Green Day album called Dookie many years ago. It started with a very basic acoustic guitar then suddenly exploded into a barrage of sound. When I finished forgot to mention, it reminded me ofat song. Thanks for the feedback.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2024, 07:08:13 PM »
@calafinestrat You've got some nice clean guitar tones but to my ears the vocal is far too back and soaked with too much reverb. I reckon if you dialed that back and bought the vocals to the front of the mix this would be a hell of a lot better. I also want to hear that bass pumping a bit too.  I thought the song was good and had plenty of energy though so good work :)

calafinestrat

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2024, 07:23:55 PM »
Hi@pompeyjazz
Thanks for the feedback. Your comments about the mixing are more or less the same as others have noted ie vocals need bringing up and too much reverb. I've already started a remix and am taking a bit more time to get it right.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2024, 04:45:41 PM »
@calafinestrat  – Great rockin’ tune – love those heavy guitars. It’s a good song – you’ve got some good feedback on the mix from better mixers than me. As one who loves her reverb, I know it’s easy to go there but that vocal would better serve the song with less. It’s a good vocal – expose it!

Great listen..

K

calafinestrat

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2024, 06:13:49 PM »
@MonnoDB
Glad you enjoyed it, I've remixed it. Going to go through it again tomorrow to see if I think it's any better. I'll have a read up on mixing soon and see how it should be done.