The voice remixed

• 8 Replies

Jazz101

• Busker
« on: April 23, 2024, 11:26:27 AM »
Hi all,

I posted a song on here a while back and received some really good advice, I took the advice and I would love to hear your feedback on my remixed version of my song, Below is a link to my dropbox account were you can hear the song, thank you in advance,
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ul1rnw7z72coy3sr0kp12/The-Voice-Vocal-Mix-v4.wav?rlkey=sj72fl9yguz9ilyjq0kmplv0o&st=inwnjpf8&dl=0

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 02:06:53 PM »
Hi @Jazz101

What struck me first was your voice. I really, really like it. You seem to have great control over your timing, pitch and expression. Your voice is certainly of commercial standard in my opinion.

Whilst this is not a mixing and production forum, I do think this song would benefit from a better production and mix because at the end of the day, its a great song which suits your voice perfectly.

The song has movement, dynamics and most importantly a reason for the listener to want to come back to it. You could sing this song with just an acoustic guitar and it would still sound good.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you as you navigate this journey.

Jazz101

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 02:36:02 PM »
Thank you very much for your comments, I should have explained I received advice the last time I posted this song with me singing, the problem was I was diagnosed with Abducter Dysphonia which is a rare condition that effects your vocal chords, whilst I made an attempt at this song, I knew I hadn't done it justice and would have to get someone else to sing it for me, the young lady singing is Emy Smith from Argentina and I totally agree she has a great voice and I knew when I heard her, my song was perfect for her, so I will pass on your comments, thank you,

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 02:51:12 PM »
Thank you very much for your comments, I should have explained I received advice the last time I posted this song with me singing, the problem was I was diagnosed with Abducter Dysphonia which is a rare condition that effects your vocal chords, whilst I made an attempt at this song, I knew I hadn't done it justice and would have to get someone else to sing it for me, the young lady singing is Emy Smith from Argentina and I totally agree she has a great voice and I knew when I heard her, my song was perfect for her, so I will pass on your comments, thank you,

I'm so sorry you hear about your voice, @Jazz101

It's a great song and you've totally done the right thing by getting Amy to record it for you. It deserves to be presented in the best possible way.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 09:33:12 AM »
Hola George!

Beautiful song, your voice, just as it is, I don't know what problems it can cause you in your thinking but I love it, its colors serve to fill any sound landscape. Very beautiful track, relaxing, ethereal and personal and if you put the lyrics it would be great because you already know that this way I will better understand the entire story!!!!
Welcome back to this driverless bus hahaha

Muy bonito trabajo @Jazz101
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Jazz101

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 02:03:13 PM »
here are the lyrics

The voice © by George Ferrie written March 20th 2024
C                                                                G               F                                           C
When you feel the world is on your shoulders, that everything you do is wrong
C                                            G                F                                                     C
And every hill becomes a mountain, and you need the strength to carry on
C                                    G                F                                                     C
Listen for that voice inside you, hear the words that make you strong
C                                                 G                 F                                            C
Let it guide you through the bad times, to get you back where you belong
Chorus
F                    am              dm               B flat/A#
And always remember you are not alone
F                           am                   dm                     B flat/A#
The love that surrounds you, will help you grow strong
dm                              F                                am                               B flat/A#
Listen to the voice, listen to the voice, the voice within your soul
Dm                             F                                 am                Bflat/A#
And remember,      remember                you are not alone
F
you are not alone
Second verse and finish with chorus
Second verse
Sometimes life is far from easy, it can have it’s up’s and down’s
So when you’re feeling down and weary, and want to turn it all around
Listen for that voice inside you, hear the words that make you strong
Let it guide you through the bad times, to get you back where you belong

Elvis Nash

• Solo Gig
  • https://nashvillecalifornia.com/listen-page/
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 03:21:32 AM »
Excellent story telling. I like your word pictures they set the mood and create a clear and realistic backdrop for your story. This is a very nice song.  Keep it up."

Jazz101

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2024, 01:38:03 PM »
Thank you very much for your comments,

George

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 12:05:23 AM »
This is nice. I like the arrangement. The vocal sounds heavily processed which I think hides the real voice a bit too much for me. A great song though..almost anthemic to use a cliche.  :)