konalavadome

Santa Pola - Remixed and remastered by Boydie

• 19 Replies

GinaEllen

• Busker
  • Session Singer
    • Online Session Singer
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 01:16:17 PM »
Pink Floyd with a bluesy vibe .... Nice. Personally, I really like the long intro but I am a PinkFloyd fan!

The only thing I think is that you could make more of the chorus, adding some bits, strings and BV's maybe, I just think it could sound really epic and give more of a contrast to the verse.

Love all the long instrumental bits and the vocal delivery, very Cohen esc  :)

Good work 
Professional session singer for hire online.
Website ... Online Session Singer
Soundcloud
Facebook
Instagram
Spotify

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 05:12:22 PM »
Hi, didn’t hear the original, but I have no fear of long songs, sometimes 3mins isn’t enough ;D. Getting the Pink Floyd comments, it’s definitely in that territory. Some DG power chords and nice ringing chords to make it float. Maybe adding some strings or synth pads to help the build later on and fill in? Nice listen!
Cheers
Jamie

Mike67

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 06:20:48 PM »
Great work guys; listened all the way through and enjoyed every second. Great guitars obviously, but really liked the vocals, esp the versus - very Chris Rhea.  Not easy to write a 7 min song that stays interesting and unforced. Solid.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 06:41:27 PM »
This IS an excellent piece..nice guitar work mate, my only crit is that the drums don't do enough, a live drummer would put more fills in, as a consequence the lack of fills makes it sound more like a drum machine than it should, this track is well worth working the drums a bit more my friend.. :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »
Yo Bill.

I enjoyed the original and this polished,finished article is the icing in the cake. Kev makes a valid point on the drums. A little work there would make a difference.

A very cool track with lots of guitar. I'm in!  :D