Memory

• 22 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 04:14:28 PM »
Wonderfully sung, written and produced as usual Leo.

If you hadn’t explained it, I would probably have said it doesn’t quite seem to have the depth and sophistication of your usual writing, but you you have, and when you understand the brief, it makes perfect sense and ticks the boxes.

Still one hell of a catchy pop track, that I’m sure Jarrod would be proud of, and actually, when you place it in the pop genre, the sophistication of the melody and harmony re-emerges.

Well done

Yodasdad

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 05:25:23 PM »
This is a good listen!

I like it's simplicity. Nice catchy hook and very memorable - you seem to have a knack for this, a knack I lack :P

I like the stripped back lyrics - you've kept them snappy and too the point and I think this gives the vocals room to breathe. Your vocals are great but that's a given :)

A touching tribute to your friend.

As for constructive criticism, I have none :P I'm here to learn and this song offers a lot. Thank you

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 10:57:01 PM »
Really great upbeat vibe to this. Reminded me of The Cure...and i love them!

Your super vocals shine through as well...a lovely tribute to your buddy.

You're on fire, mate!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »
It’s all been said Leo but I agree this is a crisp, very pro sounding piece of 80s influenced catchy pop. My fave bit is the M8 breakdown where your overlapping vocal takes sound even more awesome than usual.
It's all too beautiful.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 08:38:08 AM »
Very cool. Love the line "more than one of a kind". I'm a sucker for an acapella breakdown and yours is perfectly judged. Took me a minute to get the "memory I" part but then it sounded just right. Great track.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 10:59:36 PM »
Hey @LostBoy ... I listened to this a bunch of times a few days ago and am only getting to post now... I really really like this ... as you know I’m a bit partial to songs about loss and such things so I’m loving your take on the subject... what a lovely tribute to your friend and I think that the contrast of the ‘Missing’ with the pop treatment is very clever (although I would say the chorus delivered at 2.22 has a bit more of a plaintive feel to it for me before it kicks back up a gear!!)

Vocals as always sublime... and I really like the ‘Memory, I...’ hook!!

Superb, sir!!

K

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 11:42:20 PM »
Wow! A huge thank you to everyone for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate it thank you.

@cowparsleyman Hey man, thanks for your interest in what I used on this track. This one is really just a bunch of iPad synths, a GarageBand drummer, and then over on the laptop I used novation session guitarist sunburst for that weird delay guitar bit. 😄🎶👍🏻🎶

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 12:38:44 PM »
@LostBoy - Interesting, superb work Leo