konalavadome

Newbie tuning in.

• 8 Replies

Radio

• Busker
« on: December 27, 2016, 10:46:20 PM »
Hi everyone. I've been writing solo for a few years, on and (mostly) off. I have a history as a lead singer in a band a few years back which was very short lived but good fun, so I know how daunting it is to play your own new material to a crowd.

More recenty I've been enjoying working on my own to develop my style and songs, which is mainly my best friends (my acoustic & electric guitars) and my voice. I have a fairly basic level of guitar skill, mostly strumming, but I'm working on picking, a little lead and also music theory to help bring on my songwriting skills, along with trying to work in some harmonica into my songs.

I'd like to post into the forum and get to know you folks a little before I start posting some of my material, and to also have some time to get my songs presentable for the forum listener.

I hope that's ok, and look forward to the journey .......

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:09:14 PM »
Hey Radio,

Great to have you!

I think you'll enjoy it here with where you're at, I had similar goals when joining (and still do) and this community has been invaluable.

Looking forward to hearing what you come out with. "I've been enjoying working on my own to develop my style and songs" and " trying to work in some harmonica into my songs" always love a bit of experimenting and discovery  ;)

All the best,
Scott.

Radio

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 11:37:46 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Scott. I'm looking forward to contributing and learning.

Every day is a school day, so they say ..........

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 06:03:04 AM »
Welcome Radio!

I'm sure you'll like it here, it's a nice crowd.

I'm working on the harmonica as well, and song crafting, and fingerpicking, and theory and...well it just doesn't end does it?!!  ;D

Have any questions just fire away.

Cheers,

S

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 12:39:41 PM »
Yo Radio, welcome to the forum. You'll find a helpful bunch  of folk right here.
As for guitar, I'm still progressing even after 40 odd years of string wrangling! Years to learn and a lifetime to master.

Radio

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 04:43:15 PM »
Cheers S. I've listened to your 'Man on the Run' a few times. My kind of stuff and loved the harmonica content too.

Hi Skub. It's great learning though eh. I stopped playing for years and only recently started again. Wish I'd kept it up now as I'd be much further on.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 07:59:01 PM »
Hi,
This is a great resource and motivation to help you improve so welcome.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Radio

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:55:44 PM »
Thanks Neil.

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 01:32:37 AM »
Hi Radio! Not been here too long myself so good to not be the newbie anymore.

It seems like a really friendly place and I'm still a bit taken aback at the quality of the tracks posted.

Looking forwaed to hearing your's. :-)