konalavadome

Two Places

• 22 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 09:59:19 PM »
Lovely song @montydog - beautifully played and sung as always. Production is fantastic! I especially like the lyrics of this one.. The "holy water" line has been picked out and I agree - it's very image-laden and memorable.. Nothing I could crit at all. Just top class work, sir!

K

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 11:08:35 AM »
Hi Alan,

The track sounds really big. Really like the production.
The Acoustic sounds great - full and warm.
The organ really nice.
The guitar - sublime.
Such a good blend of sounds.

Top tune.

Digger

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 02:37:00 PM »
Brill. A lyrical theme we can all identify with. Loved the cheeky banjo sound and the middle 8 is awesome. It has a bit of a Roy Orbison feel I thought. Definitely has a US of A vibe going on and I don’t think that’s just the place names... that lovely slide guitar is probably part of that feeling too. Great work Alan.
It's all too beautiful.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2020, 02:50:04 PM »
Hi peeps,
Many thanks to all who took the time etc....some great comments that stoked the ego up :-)

Loved the tone of that acoustic Alan @montydog and your vocals just fit this style so well and there are some nice contrasting rhythms going on there as well. Oh, and that reverb drenched guitar solo really is the business  :) Great stuff

@pompeyjazz Thanks for that. The solo is played on my dobro - I can't play lead electric guitar to save my life!.

Great Track Alan,

Smooth vocals as always and a great USA feel,

Only thing I can mention is I would have mixed the vocals back a bit and EQ them through, Track seemed a little quite against the vocals, But that is just my style and not yours mate, And a lot of peeps say mine are too quiet......It a pesonal style.

Great tune
@Cawproductions Thanks for taking the time and for your advice on mixing the vocals. Glad you liked the tune.

very solid Alan, it's not particularly catchy but it is a good song.

Hi Geoff. I'll take solid.

Alan,
Sounds great. Lovely the little details, like the drum fills, banjo, organ and slide steel guitar solo. For once I wasn’t focused by your words or smooth vocals. That’s not an criticism just I was engulfed in the soundscape. Going to have another listen.
I think you’re taking your production and arrangement up another level.
Thanks for sharing
:-) neil
@Neil C  Really pleased that you liked the soundscape and production so much - see how much I've learnt from the likes of you!

@montydog

Hi Alan, this is another song I'm sure I've heard and reviewed! I'm losing it in the lockdown :o :P ::). Great acoustic sound and your trademark silky vocals. Lyrics up to you normal high standard. Love the slide guitar and organ too.
Great song!

Nice one!

Cheers
Jamie

@Jamie - Thanks for the kind words, Jamie. Glad you liked the dobro solo - it took a few takes to get right. If some of my outtakes ever fell into the hands of the wrong person, I'd be very blackmailable.

I've always really enjoyed your voice. Very soothing. I'd like to hire you to always give me bad news.

@dinnerwithgreedo - Haha - very funny. My voice is not my creation - I just inherited it!

Lovely acoustic guitar and the solo is mega..the lyrics are mega, the vocals are mega..the atmosphere of the song is mega...

so it's all mega then..great song .. :) 8)
@shadowfax Thanks for the mega review.

A lovely song. The holy water line is fabulous.

"You will never know
How close you came
To winning the game"

Great message that came over so well.

Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated as ever.

@montydog

Yo Alan,a sweet,strong from you. This has a great sense of poignancy,aided no doubt by the reflective tone of the lyrics.

I dig the warm,clear sound on that acoustic and as always it's the tasteful licks and additions that are the icing on the cake of your compositions. The dobro is to die for.

@Skub Thank you Davy. Really pleased you liked the dobro - it's the only instrument I'm half decent at.

Production sounds fab...and all the pieces fit together so well and exude an air of quiet confidence.

I thought the drums had a lovely punch to them that worked really well. The acoustic guitar sounded lovely too and is really tightly played.

Sweet as a nut. Mission (highly) accomplished.

@PaulAds Thank you Paul - means a lot coming from someone of your talents.

@montydog - superb work, It just ocurred to me that you and @Paulski would sound great in a song.

You are so good at this, a really accomplished song, has a lot of variation, which maintians interest, and that voice...suits the genre perfectly, great prod too, LVox just right in the mix, nice and confidently proud.

great work

@cowparsleyman Lovely comments and an interesting idea of a collab with Paul C....

This is exactly my type of theme. My favorite part of the song is the word "Minnesota". Probably because I live there.  :P ::) Your usual gorgeous mellow sound and I especially like the writing on this one.

@CaliaMoko "Minessota" - made it into the song because it rhymes with "Carolina". I don't think it's known for it's rich earth (unless you know better)! Thanks for the review and for liking the song.

Like the subject, the lyrics, really nice song :)

@Melusine2 Merci beaucoup!

Nice song, @montydog - enjoyed it very much. Lyrics are good too - especially the chorus.

@Sterix Glad you enjoyed it. That is the general idea :-)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2020, 02:55:35 PM »
Some more thanks:

Lovely song @montydog - beautifully played and sung as always. Production is fantastic! I especially like the lyrics of this one.. The "holy water" line has been picked out and I agree - it's very image-laden and memorable.. Nothing I could crit at all. Just top class work, sir!

K

@MonnoDB I'm chuffed you liked it - you have impeccable taste :-)

Hi Alan,

The track sounds really big. Really like the production.
The Acoustic sounds great - full and warm.
The organ really nice.
The guitar - sublime.
Such a good blend of sounds.

Top tune.

Digger

@digger72 Great comments and much appreciated. Many thanks.

Brill. A lyrical theme we can all identify with. Loved the cheeky banjo sound and the middle 8 is awesome. It has a bit of a Roy Orbison feel I thought. Definitely has a US of A vibe going on and I don’t think that’s just the place names... that lovely slide guitar is probably part of that feeling too. Great work Alan.

@PaulyX Roy Orbison eh? Hmm....I'll take it! Thanks for the slide guitar comment - that's appreciated.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2020, 12:54:17 AM »
Hi Alan, great to hear something new from you. Lovely rich production as we have come to expect with you. I love the lyrics, my fave line is the one about the birds and thoughts that didn’t fly. Great stuff! If I’m being honest I’m a little undecided on the bridge....just wasn’t crazy about the chord prog there....personal taste I’m sure, so please ignore, but hey, apart from that It’s fab mate.🎶👊🏻🎶😄

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2020, 07:15:53 AM »
This is a terrific tune....and a very good performance. Love the writing. This sounds like a Gordon Lightfoot piece....rather, something he would love to do.
Again, really great song, here..........
How can I get a download, good buddy ;-)
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2020, 07:29:22 AM »
@montydog this is an excellent song, really enjoyable listen.
Production is excellent. The line "you cant turn holy water into wine" I really dig. Well done.