Songwriter Forum > Recording

BIAS FX

<< < (2/3) > >>

PeteS:
@PaulAds @cowparsleyman Hi giys, I've been using it for a couple of years and now have the middle level pack.  Individually, a lot of the tones sound good, my main issue is when I want to record a second track and finding tones t hat go with each other.  If I record direct from my Katana I can do that but obviously, that's not a great way of recording.  I'll probably stop what I'm doing now and focus on just recording a short section where I try to find 4 tones that go well with each other so I can rotate them as I see fit.

Looking forward to sharing some new music soon!

cowparsleyman:
@PeteS - I usually do the contrasting track with a completely different guitar, proabaly a single coil, that takes care of the sound, and take the distortion down a load, more lke light crunch , let the lead gtr take all of the distortion, do 2 tracks and swing wide-ish 10 and 2 o' clock L and R, there might be BV's lying at 9 and 3 o'clock...

PeteS:
I've tried my other guitars but theyre not single coil.  I do have an old Squier Strat around somewhere.  It's not great but might be worth a try.  If I can find which son has nicked it!

cowparsleyman:
@PeteS - Some Squiers are FANTASTIC, my Classic Vibe 60's custom is in my view better than a real one, I played an American Tele for an hour before playing the Squier, and I had no hesitation in buying the squier, so so much better, ask @pompeyjazz - he's got one too...mind you it it's an affinity or  bullet, there's always Guy Fawkes night coming along soon....

...anyway, it's worth a punt, and the chances are whichever son has borrowed it has lent it to someone else...who now has it under a girlfriends bed.

Bankie:
I use Bias FX 2, switching from Guitar Rig a few years ago on the advice of a pro sound engineer. I think it's incredible, particularly with the Omnyss expansion. It doesn't have the presets of GR, but then it does have the cloud thingy where you can browse and easily download setups other people have done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version