konalavadome

zoom r8

• 6 Replies

darreldo

• Open Mic
« on: November 12, 2012, 04:07:23 PM »
Im new to the recording game and I have just bought a Zoom R8.
I don't have a clue what iam doing in all honesty. hopefully I will pick up the knack of it soon and have some songs to post on this site. Going to mess about doing a few cover songs just to get used to it before I record my own.

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:27:30 PM »
Just googled it. Looks like a pretty handy piece of kit. Seems it can be used as a standalone for remote recording or directly to you daw (cubase le) in this I instance and used as a serious studio when at home. I like that sort of flexibility.  Let us know how it works out for you.

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 08:12:58 PM »
I owned a similar Zoom recorder to this one.  It served me so well for many, many years. I was reluctant to give it up when I moved over to using Logic on my Mac.  However, once I made the transition to Logic, it opened up a whole new world of possibilities.  Having said that, i'm sure that this will prove to be a great machine for your recordings!  :)

darreldo

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »
im a complete novice at recording but my mate did a degree in it all and he said ive picked up a decent bit of kit for the price and in which to start out on. reading the manual seems like reading swahili but i will soon pick it up.
got to start somewhere atleast. going to enjoy the challenge!

i will keep people informed of the progress and hopefully have something to post fairly soon

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 05:08:46 PM »
Man you are luck .. this machine is really good I record all my songs now days .. there is You tube tutorial by Russian guitarist .. for the R8 .. only write zoom R8 on the you tube search and you see it .. the guy is good ..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:17:11 PM by Saeed AlSuri »

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:09:58 PM »
This my new song made by the Zoom R8 ...

https://soundcloud.com/saeed-alsuri/no-more-love

darreldo

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »
wow! im very impressed with that song. i really like it alot.
just goes to show what can be achieved if you sit down and learn the machine and how to use it.
i'am definatley going to get my arse in gear and do so after hearing that.

i suggest you put that song on the review forum as i think a few people will like the song.
I couldnt imagine writing a song in another language. a joy to listen to. thanks