konalavadome

‘Broken Hearts Bar’ - a quirky free zone!

• 24 Replies

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2020, 12:21:38 PM »
Oh boy. This is tough to listen to as I’ve been in the broken hearts bar a couple of times in life and it’s a nostalgia trip that opens up old memories/wounds. It’s funny how these events leave a rip in your heart that never completely closes, even years later. Your telling of this timeless tail is very tender and spares specific details so it’s  relatable to anyone. and the songwriting on show here is probably the most accomplished I’ve heard from you. Extremely well crafted. Need a hanky now.... cheers Micky.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2020, 10:49:12 PM »
Hi @Jamie, yep I am sure the funny stuff will re-emerge, but I’m enjoying doing something completely different. I guess it’s important to find ways of energising ourselves creatively now and again. Thanks for the encouragement!

@mickyplankton, thanks so much for your honesty. Well tbh it’s been many years since I personally was in the Broken Hearts Bar, but it was so painful that it’s taken me many many years until I could comfortably write this kind of break up song. I’m touched that it resonated with you. It certainly does with me too, for very personal reasons.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 01:18:22 PM »
I missed this one during my distraction. I have said this about so many of your songs but there is such a strong theatrical dimension to this. I LOVE how you treated your vocals...great space and presence that really brings out the emotion of the song.

I like the bare bones instrumentation.

I love this serious side and I'd love to hear more like this.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 04:23:55 PM »
@MichaelA i have one word for this..... delicate! Really enjoyed it great lyrics! It has a really good atmosphere if you know what mean......anyway well done always keen to listen to your music :)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 08:53:28 PM »
Ah @MichaelA,

You put me in a great mood with the lovely cakes in your profile picture then sent me to bed with a broken heart as I relived the painful lessons from the broken hearts bar. This is wonderful songwriting, filled with emotion. It tugs on my heart strings and I recall the best/worst of times. Isn't that what songwriters are meant to do?

Paul

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 10:46:22 PM »
Yep! Lots to like here mate. Lovely chorus, with some excellent harmonies on them. I often get a “Damon Alburn” vibe from your vocals mate, which is cool.
Production was very nice, mix aswell.

Great job buddy.🤩🎶👊🏻🎶

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 04:43:46 PM »
Hi all, thanks so much for this last flurry of kind comments:

@Unclenny, maybe I should stop pretending I am not really theatrical and just get on with writing a musical. It might pay better than Soundcloud! Thanks for the encouragement re my serious side.
Yep, there might be more - be careful what you wish for! 😉

Hello @Melusine2 , thanks for listening. I am sorry you don’t like sad endings. But I have lots of happier songs too. But I am glad you still enjoyed this anyway 😀

Yes @Sebandme , yes ‘delicate’ is a good word - coming from the King of Delicate, ha ha! Thanks a lot.

Hi Paul @Wicked Deeds , well the cupcakes are good for comfort earring when you are sad. Thanks for supporting this one and my writing in general 😉

Glad you enjoyed it Leo @LostBoy. I think it needs a video as good as yours now. No fighting though! 😀

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2020, 03:51:29 PM »
Hi @MichaelA ,
As it started I had a whisky glass on a counter in an empty bar in my mind and that was before you'd even started singing! There is enough edge in your voice to convey the pain that this song conveys. Very effective. Right up to the end I was expecting an unexpected twist or funny pay off line but you were true to your word and kept it straight. Very lovely track.
M

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2020, 10:47:47 AM »
Thanks @montydog, yep it was hard to stay in the quirky free zone. But I do sense I’ll be escaping soon  ;) thanks for the supportive comment.