Too much to do--not enough time

• 5 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: May 28, 2016, 03:58:24 AM »
In case anyone has noticed my decline in participation and is missing me, summer is very busy. Gardening, reunions, 4-H judging, children's theatre, family visits...I have too much on my calendar.

I'm still writing music, though. I have two songs in production at the moment for Relay For Life. I'm working on one by myself and Boydie is helping with the other one. They'll both be posted in time. I can guess which one will sound better.

I try to keep up with what's being posted, but after catching up with a few threads, I end up marking all the rest for the day as "read". Otherwise, I get far, far behind. I always wonder what I'm missing, though, when I do that.

When May SOTM choices are posted, I will definitely listen to all of them and vote.

Vicki

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
Ya gotta live Vicki. I find it's taking part in the bustle of life that generates inspiration. We all need to come up for air sometimes!
Don't feel guilty, just look in when you can.

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 09:17:58 AM »
I know the feeling. I work hard to keep my life as simple as possible, but the amount of stuff and things to do is just over-whelming these days. Forty years ago the future was supposedly full of leisure time!
West Country Country Boy

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 09:39:54 AM »
I've got two kids aged 7 and 10 so I'm surprised I have time to even look at my guitar, let alone write something. I also feel I'm falling a bit behind with reviewing...don't worry about it though. I get round it by putting aside set times and disciplining myself to keep to those. My wife knows it does me good so she's happy to let me off the leash

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 09:58:44 AM »
I seem to have all the leisure time that you guys are missing! I have nothing to do but wander around the house staring at guitars or, if the weather's good I can wander around outside and stare at cows. I reckon they were right, the future is full of leisure time it's just unbalanced as I have too much and you do not have enough! Be careful what you wish for.

Despite that I can't keep up with the forum either.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:01:44 AM by ShinyThang »
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »
You have cows??? We used to have cows. Not ours, though, my dad's. He left them parked on our property and didn't take very good care of them. >:(  I guess he thought we would do it. But--like I said--too much to do and not enough time!  :P

Irrelevant...never mind!