The Invasion Of The Hypertronic Neo Shrimp: what done come from a black hole.

• 8 Replies

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« on: May 06, 2023, 05:08:55 PM »
Taking a leaf from the music whizz and all round good lad @pompeyjazz, here is my album. Telling the story of a decadent, selfish humanity, slaves to systems that they are too weak to change and an alien invasion that give them the opportunity to start again with a new, brighter vision.

https://soundcloud.com/lee_boyes-128832399/sets/invasion-of-the-hypertronic

For some reason the link to the album only  presented the first song so I've changed it to an old copy and past job.
If nothing else, I get to show off the artwork I paid £200 for. :D
Peace and Love

CCB
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 05:12:54 PM by CorkingCrackBand »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 08:50:21 PM »
Great stuff @CorkingCrackBand I've saved this to listen to over the next few days. From the tracks that I’ve already heard this is going to be an absolute banger ! I’ll report back but busy day tomorrow with 2 gigs and probably a lie down on Monday  :)

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 11:58:52 PM »
Ha @pompeyjazz - no worries - take your time... or forever!  ;D

I hope your musical weekend went well. Even more so, I hope that kip on monday made it all worthwhile. Nothing quite like a well deserved bit of shut eye.  ;)

CCB

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 08:31:17 AM »
@CorkingCrackBand - Wish you all the best wioth this, just mad eme chuckle, as it's the sort of title that would prick up @Jamie 's ears...

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 12:44:49 AM »
Hi @cowparsleyman

Oddly, just as I'd given up hope of getting the energy to polish the album off and do it justice (I have spent the last 3 months saying I was going to) a couple of people have been very kind and given me a bit of belief that it may be worth going over the old tracks and improving them. Indeed, anyone who remembers the first track I posted here, The Queen's Lament (where my vocal was panned) will be pleased to know a great singer has agreed to be The Queen of the United Earth Empire on 2 of the albums tracks. I'm hopeful it will be the kick up the arse I need to put the required effort in to getting the album up to snuff.

Anyway, Thanks for the kind words bud.

CCB

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 01:19:43 AM »
Hi @kevysc

A musical - you know, now you mention it I think you may have said it before.  ;D

By the by, I'm here to post the track I've been working on for the artist who has agreed to sing on Neo Shrimp so that's a nice coincidence.  We might have a pop at getting a few of the mix's a bit less poo-y while we're at it.  ;)

CCB

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 09:22:12 PM »
Crikey @CorkingCrackBand , you've created something of a psychedelic magnum opus here haven't you!  It must be at least a double (or triple?) album.  Part Hawkwind space rock, part Mighty Boosh, part prog, part screaming hair metal, part Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.  It is so eclectic and wide ranging with so many voices that when Soundcloud started playing some adverts in between some songs, I wasn't always immediately sure what was album and what was advert...
Loved the way the Rene from Allo Allo seems to open and close it!  And makes the occasional guest appearance in between.
Alongside the wild ride of weird fun, there are some quality songs on here that would stand up all in their own right too.  Particularly 'Peace and Love' I think.  And the guitar solos on 'Fallen and Hopeless' are freakin' fantastic, as are some of the synth solos in many of the tracks.
An immersive fairground ride of an album.  A fairground ride after a big bag of special mushrooms probably. Bravo.
It's all too beautiful.

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2023, 09:18:40 PM »
Well, @PaulyX - thank you so much for listening through. I believe you are only the 3rd person to do so.  ;) If @pompeyjazz finds time (it's a long album and time is valuable so I get it if he doesn't) then he'll be No. 4.
  Thanks for the feedback - I think there's a lot that needs work as it was an album written with a view to quickness and creativity than production perfection. I'm hoping to summon the will to smooth out a lot of the mix's and tracks - including re-writing the opening 3 - which was originally a suite which I cut up and separated. I'm going to re-suite it and make it more cohesive as it's a lot of music/time with very little story/set up.   
  As mentioned above, I am looking to bring in some singers to vary the vocals, including Alyssa (who sang the song Reflections we did over in 'songs for critique') as Queen for the 2 songs she appears in. We'll see how that pans out and whether I do indeed find the inclination to improve the album.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time - I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

CCB