Any songwriters who are not singers on here?

• 2 Replies

waitingonthebits

• Busker
« on: May 12, 2023, 04:54:49 PM »
Any songwriters who are not singers on here?

Assuming you're not writing for Taylor Swift or Harry Styles, what is your process to get your songs recorded? Do you just hire individual singers or how does it work for you?

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 12:39:23 AM »
I shouldn't sing but do.  ;D If you can't bring yourself to that, then there are options. One is to pay up as you say. Another is to show your wears, listen and review others work and become a good member of an online music community. From there you may well be approached for a collaboration or indeed you may be inclined to ask someone with 'that' voice to sing on a track of yours. You'll find some people a game and others not so much but there's seldom any ill feeling once you have your feet under the door, so to speak, in the community.

Best of luck with it.

CCB

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 10:57:42 PM »
Hi @waitingonthebits - I used to sing my own stuff, but I'm not a great singer. I can sing in tune just fine, but I lacked the power for the type of songs I wanted to write, so now I hire on Fiverr. The difference it makes to have a pro singer on your tracks is night-and-day. There are some decent singers on here, but only maybe four I can think of off the top of my head who could compete with a hired singer. Really depends on the level you'd be happy with, and the type of songs you write. And of course singing your own songs does lend extra authenticity.