konalavadome

Dreaming Lyrics

• 8 Replies

Bradzly

• Busker
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:19:32 PM »
The other night I was dreaming and in my dream I had written a very good lyric and I kinda half woke up from my sleep and instead of writing the lyric down I was so tired I went to sleep thinking I would remember it in the morning, however I was mistaken.
I'm just wondering has this ever happened to anyone else or am I completely losing it from over working?

Ryan

Mr.Chainsaw

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 11:27:46 PM »
All my friends were matches
And I burnt them all one by one

Woke up once with those lyrics in my head. Now its become a MASSIVE mission to make a song out if it!

I sleep with an A4 paper pad and pen next to my pillow. I've got 3 Moleskin notebooks in 3 different jacket pockets. The notes app on my HTC phone has 20+ enteries.

Never let that inspiration slip away man! Maybe 75% is self indulgent toss, but that 25% is pure hold and worth keeping, even if you never use it. If it meant something to you, then it had a meaning ;)

Sorry I'm rambling. Done 6 12hour shifts in a row, with another 2 more to look forward to, yay!

Peter
Everything is easier said than done.

Except talking.

That's about the same.

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:50:37 AM »
I've often woken up having dreamed melodies. Usually, I either realize it's not my melody, or Im too tired/half asleep, so dont do anything about it and go back to bed. Of the ones I do remember (and of course, when you are dreaming they seem awesome), when I get to the piano I realise that I'm much better at writing things when I know what I'm doing :P

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 01:19:51 AM »
I've thought of things just before I've fallen asleep and expected to remember them upon waking (I never have)
I've also fallen asleep with the radio on and learned lyrics in my sleep (HA! I could learn this pop song in my sleep!)
I have dreamed lyrics before and remembered them (The 'I'm on a road that leads to nowhere/But I don't understand why someone built it' line from The Man In The Moon was what I dreamed)

It's sporadic, I just as often dream about all manner of other things
Defective Elector

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 02:41:43 AM »
The song I dream't a few years ago really was "The best song in the world" haha
It sounded so ace. I knew though, in my dream that it was a dream and that I should try my best to
remember it as I woke... and didn't agggghhhhh.
It's the only reason I'm not rich right now  ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

pmarino

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 11:37:02 AM »
I never seem to dream about playing, writing, performing, etc.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

Many years ago I wrote a screenplay (which became a self-produced independent film) and the final scene came to me in a dream. I woke up, wrote it down, and that's how the film ends. Again, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  :D

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
Many years ago I wrote a screenplay (which became a self-produced independent film) and the final scene came to me in a dream. I woke up, wrote it down, and that's how the film ends. Again, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  :D
Thumbsup! Can we see it?

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »
Can we, can we? :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

pmarino

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:26:59 PM »
Hmm... If I get brave (or drunk) one night, I'll share some youtube links. :)