MusicXray - Song Selected!

• 3 Replies

marndin

• Busker
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:05:34 AM »
Hi All

I have just had a song selected by MusicXray! It is one that I have posted on the finished song page called - Goodbye Grey Sky (a children's song). http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/song-reviews/goodbye-grey-sky-childrens-song/

Has anyone had any dealings with this company? http://www.musicofthesea.com/

Here's the contract that they have sent me http://www.songcity.co.uk/Downloads/MusicOfTheSeaContract.pdf

Any comments or advise welcomed.

Here's their feedback to me...

Beautiful tune! I think it's a nice fit for many films/tv/ads in many different directions. Romantic comedies, dramatic scenes, etc. It's an extremely sync-able track. What I can offer is getting it expose to the world on a country by country basis sub publishing wise. If you agree I would include it in my publishing catalog which connects you to the world.
Here in the states I can pitch your tunes to video game companies, TV, film and Ads. As well as licensing to cds, digital licensing, mobile,ringtones,etc. I can also put your music in my powerful CBS Television, Bunim Murray and Getty Images catalogs. I also have a deal with "Starbucks" your music would easily go into serious rotation there.
My contract is a 50/50 split. I have sub publishers. (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Japan, Turkey, France, U K,) In these countries they work for us. I'm always actively find partners in other countries. I can push all of your high quality mixed tunes...
I have connections in many different countries as well as connections here in the states. The more places your song is in the chances are higher of getting placements. That's where I come in. There is "No Guarantee" that your songs will be placed, but I along with my sub publishers will work really hard pushing your wonderful songs. Remember the more tunes you have the greater the chances! I can push all of your finished high quality tunes like this one! Agreement is attached. We don't alter our agreements due to in being in concert with our partner companies. If you agree send all of your tunes like this and instrumentals! We need instrumental to any track with vocals. Very important!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:15:14 AM by marndin »
"The universe is not only stranger than we think... It's stranger than we CAN think" Albert Einstein.

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 03:09:53 PM »
Just listened to it. Great sync track defo.

I just signed a contract that was 7 pages long so yours is really simple.

Read it through really well and make sure you know what you're signing.

The feedback is pretty standard 'We love you...' type stuff but it's all good.

Well done. Result for you.

Alan.

danoctober

• Busker
    • www.danoctober.com/songwriting
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 10:21:27 PM »
Hi marndin,

Well first off, congrats on a really fun tune  :)

That is an exclusive contract so you will be handing that tune over to them for 3 years.

If you don't do any placements/publishing directly yourself, then that would not be a problem.

The Music of the Sea site appears to actively place material in royalty paying media (like TV), so that exactly what you want.

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 03:51:19 PM »

HEY

just love seeing things like this

i remember hearing this a while ago
 and it does not surprise me that this would be picked up its fantastic

did you just post it on TAXI or what how does it work

BRILLIANT NEWS CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK WITH THIS