Three Songs

• 18 Replies

Andy Price

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 12:00:17 AM »
Hey Massa cheers for the advice, yeah it sometimes can be a little frustrating constantly going back and re-doing bits of the same songs again and again, making very slow progress! but I feel it's worth it in the long run. Don't get me wrong though, I only start working on ideas I deem to be strong and that I enjoy listening to, I have had other half-formed song ideas that I just totally abandoned, obviously some of my ideas are better than others but generally I'm happy with the basic arrangements of all the songs on the album, it's just the perfectionsit (or the autistic) side of me wanting to add more overdub sprinklings that I should probably fight off more often and move on quicker, but hopefully this new project should give me the kick up the arse to do that.

I have been using a rather old Tascam DP-01, 8 track portastudio to capture the sound and then mix and master using Acoustica Mixcraft 5.
I've now just purchased a Lexicon Alpha 'Desktop Recording Studio' Perception 120 condenser mic with pop screen and stand, plus a rudimentary version of Cubase which should hopefully make everything sound that little bit more professional!

Thanks for the support dude! :)

Andy Price

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 12:02:22 AM »
In a related note, tonight I played live for the first time in over a year and it was an absolute hoot! playing the new September Baron material went well and we even had crazy art students dancing around in an ironic fashion! Just thought I'd share with you guys :)

massa

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 01:30:05 PM »
Your music will sound so much better using Cubase and an audio interface. Plus your AKG mic will be a huge improvement. I hope you will record one of your old songs again so we can hear the noticable difference. Keep at it boyo

Andy Price

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
Thank you my friend! yes I do intend to record some of this stuff again with the better quality gear. I will upload a couple to here once I have figured out how it all works.

If anyone is interested in seeing a bit of footage of me playing some of these songs live then please check out my duo's facebook page -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FitzGerald/171263792904446

Hope that doesn't seem like shameless self-promotion!

Cheers guys
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:30:05 PM by Andy Price »