Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

Iridium (Does it Chug? mix) Heavy metal by CPM

<< < (2/3) > >>

PeteS:
Hi Rich, Definitely a metal vibe coming through but it does need those screamy vocals to bring it to life a bit more.  The different time signatures work surprisingly well, so well it takes a while to go, hey, something's changed!

Good work.

cowparsleyman:
Thanks for all that risked their ears listening to this…

@PeteS - you know Pete, I’m in agreement, it sounds more like a demo every time I hear it,  might take on @rightly s offer, but it might even try myself, why not …. A metalhead at work loves it and says it’s better without vox, he’s probably right! Would Ben be up for it?

@5 guys named Lars - Maybe one of you guys could sing something terrible and low enough to sink the mersey tunnel…Danish Metal….well could be a genre sprouting here, thanks for your kind wørds, it was very fast to do, 2 weeks all in. These different genres reveal how they are constructed , and this is pretty simple honestly (but not the drums- they were tricky), 2 drop D guitars, bass that sometimes follows the guitars, a sort of related clean/chorus gts picked and subtlety in and out of key, the big thing in this was riddum…counting , helped to mute most of the tracks whilst tracking the guitars…
Thanks for listening, take this to your local air guitar night and ROCK ON dude.

@rightly - Sophisticated, well man your smoking the wrong thing…it’s far from that, just a giggle really and an unfinished giggle at that, but feel free to hoik over your ideas.
Why not try one yourself….thanks for you kind words.

@pompeyjazz - thanks Johnno, yeah I think it needs something else, watch this space….la la la la la (5 gits named La)

@moraamarolaloba - Hi Mora, I know why the park is nearly empty…it this song! Do you fancy a crack at putting some vocals on this, might suit you mora?
I’m not surprised you like the 2:40 part…

Thanks again, I’m off now to eat some gravel

adamfarr:
A nice bit of Heavy Maiden as Alan Partridge used to say.

I have about three metal albums and I'm usually more on the punk side than the prog side but I can appreciate the atmospheres and skill behind this - the time sig change is amazing and sounds effortless.

Really liked the guitar tones on the lead guitars. I will say the chuggy guitar felt as if it had so much of the highs removed that it lacked a bit of character (may be deliberate to get out of the way of the lead parts); and to me the kick drum sounded a bit lost.

But it's a real piece of art and I am dead impressed again by your ability to get into a new genre.

ChrisPrice:
Wow, this is powerful with some really interesting timing. I can't sing this style else I'd be tempted to give it a go. So said, I really like this. I'd be interested to hear it with a vocal but it's pretty strong as it is. :)

Bostonfan2:
Wow, I think it's great. So creative, and filled with emotion in the playing.
really like the melodic lead work. this definitely needs a vocal!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version