I don't know what to do with my voice...

• 3 Replies

BOSKY

• Busker
« on: February 02, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »
Hi, I'm new to singing, songwriting, and creating beats. So, tell me what you think of my voice? Can I sing? What type of genre do you think my voice fits? All suggestions and critiques are welcomed. Thank you!

I've recorded a bunch of songs because I don't really know what to do with my voice.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:05:18 PM by BOSKY »

dnafe

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 03:17:24 PM »
I like your voice, you appear to have pretty good control and nice timbre too

That said in your recordings try to scale back the FX on your voice, i.e when you think you have enough scale it back another 10 - 20%

As with any instrument learning to play it properly and a lot of practice are required so if your serious about your singing find a good vocal teacher if only to point out any bad habits or areas of concern that might effect your voice in the future.

Don't be afraid to post some of your own songs...I know it can be a scary prospect but the truth is you only get better by putting them out there and getting feedback from the community.

Looking forward to hearing more

As always I reserve the right to be wrong

TMR Productions

TMR Productions on FaceBook

BOSKY

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 03:41:18 AM »
I like your voice, you appear to have pretty good control and nice timbre too

That said in your recordings try to scale back the FX on your voice, i.e when you think you have enough scale it back another 10 - 20%

As with any instrument learning to play it properly and a lot of practice are required so if your serious about your singing find a good vocal teacher if only to point out any bad habits or areas of concern that might effect your voice in the future.

Don't be afraid to post some of your own songs...I know it can be a scary prospect but the truth is you only get better by putting them out there and getting feedback from the community.

Looking forward to hearing more

What does it mean to have a good timbre?

dnafe

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 04:32:00 PM »
Timbre pronounced Tamber as opposed to timber, in some circles, is by my understanding, the tonal quality of your voice i.e. nasally, resonant, squeaky, round, rich, resonant etc etc.

As always I reserve the right to be wrong

TMR Productions

TMR Productions on FaceBook