konalavadome

Escape

• 20 Replies

Dogmax

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 10:58:22 PM »
This is lovely but to me there is something missing at the beginning to help katja vocals, i don't know what it is maybe it needs to start of with a bass sound and then follow with drums and guitar but as i said.

Great lyrics to this and katja vocals are really great, nice one   8) 

richmon

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 12:03:28 PM »
Like lyrics that that don't spell everything out. Guitar motif throughout is really effective and the melody which is slightly 'detached' from the chord progression. A reverbed / echoed vocal harmony have added something. Enjoyed

Richard

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »
Hi Digger,

Wonderful stuff, like the bass lines and Katja's singing. The guitar work is really good as well, although I'm old enough to remember where you found the introduction, wink, wink.

As to the words what can I say,

"Do you want this poisoned vein
To feed your vanquished soul
And make you real?
Well, are you real?"

Amazing.

I've played this four times, one after the other, and I'm still not tired. For me the middle part doesn't need altering.

Hope you had a good New Year. We're off to the FA soon, so I'm not on here as much as I should be.

diadem

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 09:04:46 PM »
This is really beautiful

I really liked the impact of the bass coming in when it does

I love the drum hi-hat work but I didn't think the "kick drum pattern" or kick drum sound suited the song during the "Run, Escape" sections

A more laid back kick pattern and a "bigger" kick sound (like the one that has just popped up on Jonah!) would be perfection for me

Others are more "qualified" to comment on lyrical content but I also really liked the section starting  "did you call on broken faith..."

I really like your stuff and you have a definite "sound", which counts for an awful lot
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 11:10:38 PM »
I think i heard this before you posted it on the forum, it came on the continuous play thingy on SC, and i loved it straight away.

I think i got a bit of a feel of radiohead from it. But also that bit of Medieval 60s English folk revival. Great mix of things.

Yeah, i loved it.

deegeorge

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 09:19:22 AM »
Cool song with some nice phrasing, I would really like to hear this song with no drums at all, I found them a bit off putting from a strong song