konalavadome

COME WITH ME

• 42 Replies

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2017, 06:40:22 PM »
Cute enchanting song - really enjoyed the whole experience. :)

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2017, 10:53:28 AM »
Hi Suzy,

Hope you're getting better.

Lovely Beatles vibe to this. I was getting that "Because" feel for the harmonies.

The lyrics made me think of Jim Morrison, and tales of LSD trips as detailed by a variety of well known 60s pop/rock stars.
All lay in a room, with the one responsible person in there making sure everyone was okay whilst they made their "journey."
Of course it could be something totally different - lol.

Totally got your sound and creativity stamped all over it.

I enjoyed my trip.

Digger

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 05:23:39 AM »
Lovely layers of vocal harmonies that I could never hope to create!

Im trying to workout the meaning of the lyrics. Maybe Valentines day is a clue and its about trying something new... :o

I dont think the arrangement needs any more added,and strangely the trumpet took me back to The Flumps theme from my youth!  Regardless its a relaxing sunny day and were going on an adventure- bottled as a  song.

James

Thanks James :) The harmonies were challenging, but fun to do ;) the lyrics are ambiguous and that's the way I want them to be ;) Glad you found it to be a relaxing adventure, because on 'the other side of the moon', that's exactly what it's like :) :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 05:31:11 AM »
Very cool, Crystal!
I love the sound....has that Beatles uplifting, yet lacsidasial spirit to it.
Like others, I love the trumpets and harmonies!!
Neat!
                 8)-Tom
Thanks for the thumbs up on the harmonies and trumpet Tom, and I'm glad you got into the lackadaisical, l yet uplifting sound   8)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 05:35:19 AM »
It sounds a lot like Sun King by the Beatles - I love the inclusion of the trumpet and unusual chord progression which gives it a jazzy vibe

I think the mix needs a bit of work, although I'll be honest mixing isn't my strong point so take that comment with a bucket of NaCl

Maybe try adding bass and drums after the first spoken word section? Just a thought

Great song

Can't go wrong with a comparison like Sun King :) thanks for picking up on the slightly jazzy vibe 8)
I know the mix needs some work still and adding bass and drums where you suggest, is a good idea :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 10:13:44 AM »
You don't know if it works!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT!!! this is fab..
works on every level, well done with the excellent harmonies...

Thanks so much for your very kind words shadowfax  :) Means a lot coming from you  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 10:20:44 AM »
Hi CS, love the close harmonies, very reminiscent of the Beatles Abbey road harmonies on sun king, because etc! Must have taken forever to record  :o. The trumpet gave it a very mellow '60's sound.Hope you are firing on all cylinders soon!
Great sound!
Cheers
Jamie
Thanks Jamie for the thumbs up on the harmonies...they were a bit of work for sure, and still need some work, but I enjoy the challenge  ::) the trumpet was an after thought...just played along ad-libing all the way, but it added another dimension   ::) I'm slowly getting better, thanks  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2017, 08:09:05 AM »
Oh how I'd love to live in your world Suzy, and I don't mean that in a condescending way.

Your head must be a magical place, full of marshmallows and kaleidoscopes and helter skelters and magic carpets and glitter and....

I just can't imagine coming up with anything like this.

It is loooong but you paint a lovely picture as you go along. A beautiful blend of sounds and harmonies.

If I was going to try to cut this down, I'd look at the parts that are kind of redundant first. I think you could halve the length of the intro for example and no one would think anything of it if they hadn't heard the original.

Yodasdad
Thanks so much Yoda for your very kind comments :) My world, and in my head, are two very different realities, and I don't mean that I have many personalities, it's just that my everyday living situation, is sometimes very stressful, so I escape into my head when I write a song, which is more
like you describe, for the most part ::) ::) So I'd be happy to have you join me there ;D
You're right about the length, and I agree that some of it is quite redundant, so if I ever get around to working on this again, I will keep that in mind :) :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2017, 08:19:34 AM »
This is a really good one - the light and shade and different sections and different instruments really lend themselves to the journey.

You have your signature sound and there is no mistaking a CrystalSuzy song. Your use of harmonies is definitely something to study and learn from for me.

I found the lyrics worked really well - the only thing I might think about doing differently is the "limited physical box" line. For me that sounded a bit too direct and I think leaving that part a little more open to different interpretations as I think you do through the rest of the song might be a good thing.

Thanks so much Adam...I'm glad you enjoyed the journey :) I love harmonies, so this song was the ultimate challenge for me  ::) I like your suggestion about the the line "limited physical box"  :) I was just adlibing the spoken bits as I went along, and I never went back to the drawing board with it, which I should have done  ::)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2017, 08:23:02 AM »
Delightful. The vocal harmonies with the horn, the melodies: it's been said, so I won't go on, but wonderful.

Nitpick: I think the spoken word sections (which I love) may come in slightly too loud, especially at around 4:40.

It is a bit long as an active listen, but it's obviously more of a pleasantly ambient background type of song, so I wouldn't worry overmuch.

A little bass definitely wouldn't hurt.
Thanks Moodmond, for your kind comments :) I'm not the greatest when it comes to mixing, so thanks for pointing that bit that comes in a little loud  ::) I'm going to have some bass added soon, and maybe shorten the song as well :)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »
Hi Suzy

Well I think it worked great!
Love the rhyming and the fifth dimension trippy vibe.
The trumpet gave it a "real" feel too which virtual horns could never achieve - nice playing!  ;D
Yeah a bit long but doesn't get tired and would make a great album track IMHCO.
Hope you're on the mend.

Go canada!
Paul

JoaquinAnton

• Busker
  • Spanish singer-songwriter based in Poland
    • Joaquin Anton
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 03:42:48 PM »
Hi Suzy,

This sounds like the soundtrack of a beautiful dream. Awesome vocal harmonies and great atmosphere in the song. Now I also want to visit that other side of the moon ;). Good stuff!

If you are curious what the lyrics mean to me. I think it is about getting out of our preconceived ideas and comfort zone and exploring our true selves (as opposed to the product of society). Did I get any close?

Cheers,
Joaquin

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2017, 09:23:26 PM »
Guys, really nice,

Great combo of brass and Acoustic, Vox is so sweet.

Also a nice story idea,

I am a fan.

Andy