voice Mail Sucks - Acoustic

• 4 Replies

kirkleblanc

• Busker
« on: December 13, 2012, 08:01:28 PM »
Hey everyone, I threw this track up a week ago, it's an acoustic version of one of my electronic tunes, please check it out and let me know if it's up your alley. Both versions are up on my sound cloud so giver a spin.

link:
https://soundcloud.com/koalaisaband/voicemail-sucks-acoustic-demo

lyrics:
I tried to call you
you didn't pick up
I tried to stop you
you didn't want help

Now I'm just sitting in my room
Hoping that I'll get to see you soon

Oh lifes just time x 2
But I'll be fine

I went to your house
No one answered the door
I was trying to find out
Why you always look bored

When your with me
Oh
When your with me
Oh

Oh, Lifes just time x 2
But I'll be fine

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 10:52:25 PM »
Nicely played. I liked your voice, a tad too much reverb on  it though -Id bring the vox out a bit more and feature it rather than the guitar in the track. The song has a nice rhythym to it and the mix of guitar a'nd soft voice goes well together but being an acoustic song of this nature I feel the lyrics let it down. There is just not enough substance to the words. As a full production it would be fine but as a cut back acoustic version folks tend to listen a lot harder to the vocal and there just isnt enough happening to hold attention so my recommendation is to either add lots more lyrics or make it a full production. It deserves the extra work cause its a real nice song either way and you sing and play it well.

Allan.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 11:03:21 PM »
i listened to your electronic version  of this & it worked with all the auto tune & electronic stuff but i dont know why you posted this .....technology unfortunatley  makes evryone think they can make music...& they can i spose ... but dont be fooled.... this didnt sound good ...stick to what you do best....
performed  like this good lyrics & melody become critical & they just arent there im afraid :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 01:44:02 AM »
While I HATE Pich correction.. I have to say at the 40 second mark through the 57 second mark the vocal is really flat , I liked the guitar hammer ons at 2:13 and for the balance of the track, but that was about it unfortunately for me. From a production standpoint the vocal was in the backgrounds, and the guitar is slightly out of tune...interesting lyrics though, and that's something to build upon!
Have a happy New Year, cheers.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 11:14:51 PM »
I haven't heard the electronica version of this

There are clearly a few pitching issues and the guitar is slightly out in places

However, you do have a nice tone to your voice, especially when you project a little more

I admire you for taking a stab at a stripped down version of your track and I think you will grow the more you do it
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic