you ought to claim your rights on the streets
like animals with the mark of the beast
the new world sh*t must not to keep

*I censored some words to not be banned
I hope you like the song

terrysains

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:02:36 AM »
Important words, lost to the music, I think somehow like, 'Sex pistols-Anarchy' you should get the lyrics above the guitar and not the other way around? Good luck Terry.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 06:37:24 PM »
Loved the energy and the guitar tones.Great riffs.Enjoyed it a lot.

Cheers
Jamie

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 07:08:28 PM »
This isn't my bag, but I can see it fitting in well into this genre. What I would say is that it sounds as though the lyrics were written before the music, and then the music was written to fit the lyrics (I may be wrong though). There's nothing wrong with this way of writing it's just sometimes the end product can sound forced if that makes sense, and a song can lose some of it's melodic qualities. I would have liked to have seen some more variation with the chord structure, but like I said earlier, this genre isn't my domain so I'm critiquing out of my comfort zone here  :)
All the best
Mark

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
Hi,
Sounds great. Alice and Chains with a bit more thrash. Excellent production. Works for me. You may well like ABeautifulVirus' stuff - playing in the same ball park.

Cheers,

Digger

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »
Hi,

I thought that was good.

My only suggestion is to change slightly the line which starts "you ought, etc". I think this would make it stronger, "its time to claim our rights on the streets". It changes the singer from being an observer to a participant.

This is a song about the same thing you may not have come across.

diadem

Dogmax

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 12:08:34 AM »
Sci-Fi, thats your audiences.   8)

ofgaray

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »
This isn't my bag, but I can see it fitting in well into this genre. What I would say is that it sounds as though the lyrics were written before the music, and then the music was written to fit the lyrics (I may be wrong though). There's nothing wrong with this way of writing it's just sometimes the end product can sound forced if that makes sense, and a song can lose some of it's melodic qualities. I would have liked to have seen some more variation with the chord structure, but like I said earlier, this genre isn't my domain so I'm critiquing out of my comfort zone here  :)
All the best
Mark

Hi Mark, well... I wrote the lyrics after the music and the important here is the message rather than aesthetics, as in protest rock in general.
Regards.

ofgaray

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 08:51:26 PM »
Hi,

I thought that was good.

My only suggestion is to change slightly the line which starts "you ought, etc". I think this would make it stronger, "its time to claim our rights on the streets". It changes the singer from being an observer to a participant.

This is a song about the same thing you may not have come across.

diadem

Thank you, good suggestion ... I liked. I liked song too.

ofgaray

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »
Sci-Fi, thats your audiences.   8)

As said my song... "at the cost of our IGNORANCE and BLINDNESS"... that's your problem, and of many people

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 01:06:27 AM »
This ROCKED like a f*cking boulder!!
The only thing i would change is to make the vocal louder.
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
Hi ofgaray...I love what you're saying in this song and even though heavy metal isn't normally my favourite genre, I think it suites the lyrics and message...I would definitely bring the vocals up in the mix though...I love the way the guitars just suddenly stop...great song :) :)

Dogmax

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 09:17:17 PM »
Sci-Fi, thats your audiences.   8)

As said my song... "at the cost of our IGNORANCE and BLINDNESS"... that's your problem, and of many people

The new World order eh, the only way to change that organisation for the better is from within, its call a new form of revolution because it starts from the top and to be honest with you, i think it has already started, but anyway.

Sci-Fi products that's what i thought of when i play your song there's a awful lot of money to be made there, that's your audiences but i do understand your words, to your song that
is.  8)

Come the Revolution eh   ;)

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 02:28:14 AM »
Hello Oscar ..

Very nice song .. great work .. lyrics .. guitars .. production .. singing .. all in all .. very nice ..

energetic yes very ..  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers ..