The child.. {for seriousfun}

• 12 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« on: August 13, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
Posting this on behalf of Seriousfun ...i offered him the lyrics a few weeks back and he decided to do a recording...made a small change i believe.....in case it sounds familiar ..i used them as well btw..mice to have another version,,

So just a reminder it`s a seriousfun song ;)

https://soundcloud.com/allan-kilgour/my-child

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 09:26:07 PM »
Actually STC its a collab ;)  and very nice lyrics indeed. Thank you so much for letting me use them.

Allan.

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:15:49 AM »
I did comment on the track of this song a while back ..

great song .. nice work both of you .. let's see many more ..  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers ..

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 11:58:15 PM »
Guys,
Enjoyed the lyrics, well played and arranged as ever, although a little bit MOR for me.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 01:12:58 PM »
OK, so it is MOR but there is room for everything on here! I thought it was a pleasant listen although for some reason, the "Never grow old" chorus bit didn't work for me. You can certainly bathe each of your recordings in the right light to suit the character of each song if you see what I mean. You have a very good understanding of how people listen to music and this guides your music rather than the "there it is, take it or leave it" approach. I wish I had half your talent for production and arrangement let alone the singing, guitar playing, writing........................... :'(

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 06:03:36 PM »
Hello
Nice song and very fine melody.Well produced and well arranged.
Posting the words will allow an easier following to the lyrics. ;)
Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 06:17:18 PM »
WOW!

STC  Great words!  Allan nice & appealing production..Vocals music melody just great..

Allan love your higher then normal vocals on this.... :)

May I have your autographs please?      ;D ;D ;D ;D          R'Gardzzzz   Stylus  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 06:24:46 AM »
Lovely song...the lyrics won 'lyric of the month' so that speaks for itself :)  I think Allan did an awesome job with the song and production...so nice collab. guys :) :)

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 07:08:54 AM »
Lots of stuff on this forum passes me by because I'm usually hooked up to a connection that is so slow that by the time a song starts playing I have to trim my fingernails to strum along!

Lovely work guys. A prime example of quality song writing all round. I always try to see through any bad production but it is true that the better the recording the easier it is to appreciate the song. Alan is so highly professional in his playing and recording that he is just rolling out radio-ready demos apparently without thinking about it these days. Like most things I guess it's harder than it looks or sounds.

This is a lovely, easy listening track that would sit perfectly in a film.

Shiny-o-meter score ... 8
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 11:17:46 PM »
This has a crazy 70s harmonic radio rock thing going for it. Perhaps for a drive on a summers night! With the right recording this would be brilliant! With the harmonies and the instrumentation there is a lot to balance here, but the foundations are great! The chord sequence is that "heard 1000 times but who cares" type thing.

It needs a middle 8. 2.20 is the point for this. A BIG change, to then drop back to the main refrain

Strong body here. Very strong!
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 10:45:01 PM »
Shiny-o-meter score ... 8
Where have you been hiding this meter? I want one! ;D

I love all the collabs surfacing recently, there's so much talent on this forum :)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 11:17:27 PM »
This has a crazy 70s harmonic radio rock thing going for it. Perhaps for a drive on a summers night! With the right recording this would be brilliant! With the harmonies and the instrumentation there is a lot to balance here, but the foundations are great! The chord sequence is that "heard 1000 times but who cares" type thing.

It needs a middle 8. 2.20 is the point for this. A BIG change, to then drop back to the main refrain

Strong body here. Very strong!

I know exactly what you mean about the bridge but alas theRe will be no future work on this song. I had written the music some time ago as a short instrumental and the when STC's lyrics surfaced I thought they would dove tail together nicely. I then went to open up my cubase file to rearrange some sections to make the structure fit only to find hat the file was corrupt so all I was left with was the rendered wav file as a backing track. With some judicious surgical work I was able to hack the wav around to make it if t the lyric but it has left me in a position where I can no longer match up sounds etc to add a bridge or anything else for that matter. So regrettably this is as good as it gets unless I start again from scratch and I already have another dozen or so projects on the go ATM.

benjo

• Stadium Tour