New song- Just a man

• 49 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »
Hi princeps, thanks for the feedback, as always it's appreciated ;D. Glad you like the singing and the piano. Music is a very subjective thing, which I suppose is why it's so great and so many different types and styles of music exist.
Cheers
Jamie

garys2811

• Open Mic
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2014, 09:48:33 PM »
Hi Jamie, you've had good advice from better songwriters than me but I thought that I'd leave a comment to say that I enjoyed it. It's different and that's what I like about it. I used to listen to American Christian music back in the 70's and 80's (Phil Keaggy etc.) and this track is absolutely typical musically and somewhat similar lyrically too. The double tracking on the vocals, the vocal delivery the chords that you've used all fit the style. I'm not sure if this is coincidence or deliberate but I appreciated it.
Garys2811

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »
Hi Gary, thanks for the feedback as always it's appreciated.glad you liked it. Any similarity to the style you mentioned is purely coincidental as I am not familiar with that genre. The lyrical inspiration came after I'd listened to a bluesy Robert Plant song which had a story to it with a start middle and ending, and I'd never tried that before, so that's where it came from. Some of Robert Plants' stuff does tend towards American blues/gospel roots, so maybe that's where it came from ???.
Thanks again and pleased you took the time to comment.
Cheers
Jamie

dnafe

• Busker
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »
Excellent job...really nice melody lines throughout...nice vibe and played well...you had me from the get go

one suggestion re: the mix...in the first two choruses take the backing vocal, double it, delay one side 10 - 20ms and pan the tracks hard left and right - then blend to taste...this will leave room for the main vocal.

that said you did an excellent job on the chorus out.
As always I reserve the right to be wrong

TMR Productions

TMR Productions on FaceBook

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2014, 07:41:09 AM »
Hi dnafe, glad you liked the melody and the playing, I appreciate your comments. Like the thought ref the chorus, I hadn't thought of that. When I get back to that song I'll have a play with your idea, cheers!
Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.
Jamie