Running Out Of Time

• 21 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 07:13:52 AM »
Hi all....been trying to get back into the swing of things. I've been very busy, lately. much apologies for responding so late!

Hey Tom

Buddy Holly reincarnated IMHO :)
Liked this one - has a fresh sound like Herman's Hermits or sth.
OK, none of those ppl - just you singing a great tune.
+1 on more reverb on the vocals though - would be icing on the cake :)

Paul
Hi Paul...and thanks for stopping by!! I don't think even the magic of reverb can save the lead vocal here :-\    Thanks, again  ;)

i love this! its like if 'Schools out' had been in Grease...fabulously catchy infectious guitar pop
& i thought you were a gentle strumming folky?
its got some rough edges & nowhere as polished as your acoustic stuff & more enjoyable for that i think...electric guitar music sounds better loud rough & a bit bent out of tune... perfection kills music these days
its fabulously foot tapping & got as much energy as a bunch of teenagers full of red bull & adrenaline & high spirits
wonderful stuff tom
Thank you, Tinam for the wonderful and generous words.
I am an acoustic soul, however. The electric guitar is like a beautiful and intimidating woman that I just don't know exactly how to approach; whereas, the acoustic is warm and inviting, loving to the touch, and pleasing to my ears  :-*. But, I sure did have fun with this one  8)

Super stuff. Really like the rock'n'roll but funky guitar - it drives along well. I was waiting for harmonies - and sure enough they eventually arrived, but I think they could have come in sooner. But wonderful!

Hi delb0y......the back up vocals were a second thought and I was unsure they even sounded right. The whole song didn't come out like I had imagined. The guitar parts (with exception to the lead instrumental) were the only thing I was happy about. Anyways.......Thanks a lot for stopping by. It is very much appreciated ;)

Very cool track Tom  8) I love it  :) It's got all the ingredients of a top notch rock tune  :o
Nice to hear you rock out on an electric...great solo, fun lyrics and nice up front vocals  :)
I also, was expecting the harmony to kick in a little sooner, but what an energetic 'schools out' track :)
Kudos man  :)

Thanks Crystalsuzy.........thanks for listening and commenting  ;D

Thanks everyone.....
                                          -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

PTCruiser1801

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »
Tom- I enjoyed this song...nice upbeat number about something most people can relate to...always a good place for a song to be! I liked the lyrics throughout...catchy alongside the very catchy and appealing melody and guitar riff! Well done!

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 07:28:06 AM »
I really enjoyed this one Tom...that's a great little riff you have going there... I would maybe try to do more with the bassline there in particular to really drive it home...

But a lovely light song with a really good vocal too

Very nice  :)

Thanks PaulAds.........I'm so glad you liked it!!

Tom

Great song,

Definitely does have that teen movie feel.... I was thinking Breakfast Cllub whilst in the detention room.

Love the energy from the song.

Sandeep

And thank you for the generous comments, as well!!

Hi Tom,

I agree with the other comments about being teen movie/Tom Petty in feel.

Great guitar sound and good production. I thought your voice sounded a little thin in the mix.

Lyrically it's OK but it didn't really move me - just a little run of the mill but perhaps I shouldn't be looking for depth in a song with this subject matter. Melodically I also thought it was a bit lacking in inspiration.

Can't fault the overall sound and vibe but just a little insubstantial particularly compared to some of the great tracks you've been posting on here.

M

Hi Monty...thanks for stopping by.........yea, the lyrics aren't my most inspired....it was the guitar parts that were the motivation, here 8) Thanks, again!

Tom, I can hear the Split Enz thing in there too.
It's a real nice little rocker with some nice guitar frills and some good harmonies.

The whole sound is very, what's the word, boxy. Very dry and the vocals far forward. Would love to hear the bass and drums propelling it forward a bit more. Maybe some double tracking in the lead vocal.

Enjoyed it very much  :)

Tom.
Hi Tom...I tried some double tracking on the vox......it didn't really help, this time  :P
I appreciate the advice, however.....thanks!!

Yeah, some nice up tempo pop, just what the doctor ordered!
I must admit I'm a sucker for these type of songs and this one really stand its ground compared to some of my fav songs in the genre. This on gets 5 out of 5 as song.
Great vocals as well as harmonies/BV.
With a better production this would be stellar. Sure, it's not bad, but it is not that great either but it is much better to have a great song with a so-so production than the other way around. :-)
And a gem like this really deserves a really nice packaging as well.

Thanks Jambrains....I am tickled that you liked this. Thanks a lot!

Tom- I enjoyed this song...nice upbeat number about something most people can relate to...always a good place for a song to be! I liked the lyrics throughout...catchy alongside the very catchy and appealing melody and guitar riff! Well done!

Hey thanks for stopping by PT....it means a lot. I've been having less and less time to participate, here , and it does seem that people lose interest pretty fast. Thanks again for your listening and commenting!

Thanks everyone!
                                     8)-Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 09:45:41 AM »
Great guitar sound and love the playing..the song could easily be in an american teen type romcom, I was getting the vocal at around 11 o'clock in the headphones,  better in the centre I reckon...unless my car system is knackered!! ???
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 07:06:58 AM »
Great guitar sound and love the playing..the song could easily be in an american teen type romcom, I was getting the vocal at around 11 o'clock in the headphones,  better in the centre I reckon...unless my car system is knackered!! ???

Hey thanks for listening and commenting, Shadowfax!!  ;D
You made my day!
And I usually like my vocals off center (comes from listening and studying the early 60's recordings)
Thanks, again!
                              8)-Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 03:45:26 PM »
Nice rock song.I like the production. I think the the lyric is good.

Good song Tom!
Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

danieltrigger

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2016, 06:35:39 PM »
I agree with the Tom Petty comparisons, certainly no bad thing. I thought the song was good!

My feedback would be that the recording sounded very much 'demo quality', couldn't help feeling the guitar was a touch out of tune, a couple of performance mistakes, and the lead vocal sounded panned slightly to one side.

But if this is actually a demo then fine! Because as I say, the song itself was great :)