Bye bye bye, I love You - Summer Bare Bones entry

• 20 Replies

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 09:45:19 AM »
This put me right in a seventies mood. :) Would be perfect for campfire singing and playing. Perhaps for a wedding? (Or maybe not...  :P ).

Very nice, Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 08:30:54 PM »
Hi Geoff,

Very nice song.
The guitar sounds lovely.
The vocal is very soothing.
Nice use of effects on the vocal

Fits the brief well.

Digger

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 01:42:19 AM »
Hmmm, I thought I already did this one. Apparently not. So,

The melody fits the lyric really well, I think. I did wonder about the phrase "total surprise" occurring twice so close together. Maybe you were trying to use the repetition to provide some emphasis, but it didn't work for me.

I hope the protagonist of the song is just really depressed at the recent breakup and will get to a point where he realizes he still has value, too. I'd like to see some hint of that, actually, before the end of the song, but that's really just a personal preference and not relevant to your vision for the piece.

The melody is pretty and, as I mentioned, fits the lyric. It's pleasant and invites the listener to hum or sing along, which is nice.

Good luck with the competition.
Vicki

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 07:33:41 AM »
Lovely song Shiny. Great Lennonesque vocals and a sad melody. Love the simple Bye Bye Bye, I love you chorus.

Great stuff

John

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 09:33:23 AM »
Very nice one, esp. enjoyed the vocals. There are a few places where one can tell you were a bit short on time but they are not very noticable or disturbing (but I bet those small glitches poke you in the ear , sure would for me).
Production could probably be somewhat improved to remove some "dullness" and get some "sparkle" in the,
the guitar could probably be a bit fuller as well, but those things are minor, icing on the cake things,
Good song, good performance, well... good everything.
Btw, I agree with pompy, there are definitely shades of Lennon/Beatles in there (in a good way)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 02:30:18 PM »
Hi Shiny - loved this - I think everything works so well together. The resigned/forlorn lyric and delivery are right up my street and the melody and progressions really poignant.