I'M ELTON JOHN YOUR BERNIE TAUPIN? IM LOOKING FOR A LYRICIST

• 14 Replies

jelf

• Busker
« on: April 30, 2015, 11:41:12 AM »
HI

I am an artist signed to a Indie label in the UK. I song write daily and have a lumpy sum of songs but find that the main aspect I lack in is lyric writing, my melodies and chord progressions are great but my lyrics are not as intriguing and in depth as I think they could be.

I LOVE how Elton and Bernie work and would love for the same partnership, where you write the lyrics and I deal with melody and progressions.

my email is attached below if you would like to contact me directly or you can just leave a comment.

Hope to hear from you :)

JELF
jelfmusic@gmail.com

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 12:05:51 PM »
this would belong in the collab section ...

Anyway, check me out if you've got some minutes and keep in mind that I also write to match music (about a third of what you'll find was written that way). Then we may - or may not - go from there ;-)

http://bernd-harmsen.de
Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)

jelf

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 12:47:25 PM »
HI

I am an artist signed to a Indie label in the UK. I song write daily and have a lumpy sum of songs but find that the main aspect I lack in is lyric writing, my melodies and chord progressions are great but my lyrics are not as intriguing and in depth as I think they could be.

I LOVE how Elton and Bernie work and would love for the same partnership, where you write the lyrics and I deal with melody and progressions.

my email is attached below if you would like to contact me directly or you can just leave a comment.

Hope to hear from you Smiley

JELF
jelfmusic@gmail.com

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »
1.   Elton John wrote most of their songs after Bernie wrote the lyrics.  Do you write that way?  Not that it's necessary, but that is one way to write in collaboration. There are a lot of lyricists here who are looking for a musician.  BUT..... 

2.  No one here is looking to hook up with someone who isn't willing to work at the collaboration. 

3.   Soooooooo.....  if you want lyrics, YOU could do some research here, and read some of the lyrics in the lyric section instead of just posting a "drive by advertisement" so that everyone has to submit to you.  Reading the lyrics already posted here would tell you who writes lyrics you like AND would give you a heads - up about which lyricists NEED a musician to collaborate with. 

4.  Until you post some of your great chord progression songs, none of us knows whether you can write something that inspires us to write lyrics.  AND, until you post some of your songs here, none of us knows whether we want lyrics attached to your music.  Your assurances that you write great music are not worth much unless we get to listen and decide for ourselves. 

5.  I'm trying not to lecture here.... but your generous offer contains some warning signs that most lyricists are all-too-familiar with.   Until YOU invest some time and energy into searching out the lyrics you want from here, most of us aren't going to invest much (if anything) into submitting to you.

6.  One of the absolute best lyricists here is Benjo.  He's always looking for musicians to collaborate with.  If you are as good as  you say you are, you can't do much better than his lyrics anywhere.  If your  music is as good as his lyrics, you might really have a great collaborative songwriting partnership. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

shortwhat

• Open Mic
  • I like reverb
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 05:15:38 PM »
I second hardtwistmusic on all fronts.  ;)

It's best to use the collaboration section of the forum as everyone on there is actually looking to collaborate in some way, that being said it is probably a nice idea to look around on the lyrics over here and see what suits you and maybe ask the writers where they stand, as posting a thread isn't very efficient. Although i don't blame you anyone could've done it - I didn't know there was a W.I.P thread until the other day  ;D

However I would like to know more about your music, what label are you signed onto? What style songs are they? (more in depth than just indie, indie is a wide genre these days  :D )

I would be notably interested, but as HTM says, Benjo is a lyrical god.
16, singer-songwriter

Check out my album: http://joshshort.bandcamp.com/album/collarbones

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 05:30:26 PM »
Duplicate topics merged. No need to post twice Jelf - welcome to the forum :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 06:14:46 PM »

HEY

for some reason these guys always leave a post like this then never
 return baffles me

HARDTWISTMUSIC

you are a gentleman of the greatest kind your kind words really picked me up
 and made my day
 although I would put yourself forward in the same category I love your work too
 thank you so much it really means a lot coming from you bud

SHORTWHAT

same right back at you I REALLY ENJOY YOUR WORK TOO

tony

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 06:55:37 PM »
Must admit I'm always a little put off when someone says "my melodies and chord progressions are great" not to mention putting at least two typo's in the subject line..

But HTM's assessment of benjo is spot on  ;D

shortwhat

• Open Mic
  • I like reverb
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 12:31:32 AM »
was thinking the OP would've at least checked his post by now.. anyways I've lost interest sorry, got a lot of stuff to work on, don't have time for a side project atm
16, singer-songwriter

Check out my album: http://joshshort.bandcamp.com/album/collarbones

jelf

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 11:54:26 AM »
Hi Guys

Sorry I really did not know so many people had replied, I thought I would of got a notification through my email. I am brand new to this website so I'm still picking up my feet so please don't be too harsh haha.

HARDTWISTMUSIC

thank you for your comments.

1. I was planning on working within that same format that Elton and Bernie have done, personally I think that a great lyric should always come first but everyone has their own preference with writing.

Also great point on the music front. I have attached a link below with my personal more alternative music and also music that I have written to pitch for pop acts. It would be great to know what you think.

SHORTWHAT

Hi man, to give you the best reference I would class my music as a mix of Jeff Buckley, Florence + The Machine and Imagine Dragons, hopefully that gives you a better picture but if your still confused or want to check out my stuff anyway I have attached links at the bottom of this message for you.

BENJO

I would like to say with thank's to HARDTWISTMUSIC I checked out some of your work and love your creativity, your writing is brilliant. I would love to know what you think of the music I have attached.

BELOW IS ATTACHED THE LINKS TO MY MUSIC.

MY OWN ARTIST PROJECT

https://www.youtube.com/user/JELFVEVO

https://soundcloud.com/jelfmusic/sets/ep1/s-2FJhZ

TOPLINE WORK (MY WRITING FOR POP ACTS)

https://soundcloud.com/jelfmusic/sets/topline-work/s-QuFSV

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 07:44:01 PM »
 HEY JELF

yeah love your work n sound
 I tried the link for your email but it won't work for me
 so here's mine if you want to go over some ideas or check out a few things

tonymcglinchey@hotmail.co.uk

speak soon

tony / benjo

jelf

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »
I'll give you a buzz now Benjo  :)

PENKSLYRICS

• Open Mic
    • Penkslyrics
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 01:59:33 AM »
Hi Jelf

I'm a lyricist who's always seeking collaborators to add music to my words.
Listening to your songs on soundcloud as I type and really like what I hear.
You can view a selection of my lyrics on my website, though I have a lot more available.
Please have a browse and let know your thoughts.

http://www.penkslyrics.com

Cheers, Roger

grimbo

• Busker
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
I'd also like to throw my hat in the ring, you can hear my stuff on https://soundcloud.com/search?q=robingrimmond

Robin

Benno79

• Busker
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »
Hey, I'm always interested in new projects. I'm a lyricist with many years experience, give us a shout if your interested?

benpowell79@aol.com
They never remember when we're good, they never forget when we're bad!!