konalavadome

New song- Here I come

• 16 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 29, 2017, 03:41:53 PM »
Hi all, new song for your perusal. More at the rocky end of my spectrum for those who have listened before!Sums up my current disaffection with the state of the World :'( ::). Your erudite commentary and all constructive comments are gratefully received!

https://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/here-i-come

Here I come

Feel the chill of the evening air
I've got a message one of despair
Listen to me I'll make you a promise
The games I play they're so dishonest

Blood finds it's way through your veins
Loss and betrayal that's all that remains
Isn't it strange how it reveals
When I don't speak you know how I feel

Here I come

Dark angel flutter your wings
Feel the winter cold on your skin
Crack the ice doesn't it splinter
Feel the chill memories of winter

Still cold at night feel the despair
Put on your coat you're gasping for air
Rape the truth blackout the light
All your hate smothers the night

Here I come

Dark angel etc

Here I come

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:59:35 PM »
Hey Jamie.

One of my fav singles in 1971 was a song titled 'Back Street Luv' performed by a band named Curved air,the singer was a lady called Sonja Kristina.

Man I was in luv with Sonja,back street or any other street,I didn't care.  :D

Anyway...where was I,ya don't want to know.  :D

This song of yours reminds me a lot of the above track,maybe you could put on a long dark wig for me and...oops there I go again.  :-*

I love the way the modern blends with the retro,it's a fine song Jamie. The light vocals and harmonies reminiscent of Blue Oyster Cult meld perfectly with the doom laden Rammstein like mix of keys and guitar.

Top bombing,young man.  8)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:15:57 PM »
Yes, I love the rockier black wigged Jamie (you see Skub made me do that) Brilliant riff and complimented with your amazing gift for melody makes this one a winner ☺

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 10:27:08 PM »
Cracking bit of riffing, this, Jamie...bangs along really nicely and shows a great slightly darker side to you.

I perhaps like a little more bite to my guitars...but this is much more of a "classic rock" sound and very good it is too. Your vocals are lovely and clear, as always.

A great listen!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 11:28:35 PM »
Hey Jamie, what a full-on piece of operatic rock you have here.  Lot's to like - big riffs, WIDE vocal range (how d'you get up there?!), smooth harmonies.  Liked the arpeggios around the 50 second mark in particular.  Makes me want to blow the dust off my air guitar.
It's all too beautiful.

Kristupas

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 08:36:39 AM »
I love these lines "Blood finds it's way through your veins;..

Rape the truth blackout the light"

The way you incorporated the backing vocals in choruses was well mixed, calculated, sounded nice.

Although I would maybe use distorted vocals, for this type of track(but I guess, that's my style of choice)

Good funky guitar sound, and I loved the smooth synth in the back, it accompanied the song really well, and did not 'rape the truth' :) . I love this line, great songwriting, Jamie

Kris

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 02:54:35 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

Hi Skub, yes and I think Francis monkman also played in curved air!? Cool comments especially the blue oyster cult comment don't fear the reaper is a classic!liking the doom laden comment, I may have to get a dark wig :o
Cheers Skub

Hi John, great comments I was trying to get that muse style feel to the riffing, maybe oneday :P. What is it with dark wigs ???
 ;D

Cheers Paul, see comment above about the riffing! Glad you enjoyed it, a bit of appreciation is always welcome for all the hours that go into this stuff!

Thanks guys!

Cheers
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 03:00:36 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

Hi PaulyX, great comments, love the operatic rock comment! Pleased about the riff comment, that makes the song work for me! Get your air guitar out, you know it makes sense!

Hi Kristupas, great comments! Glad you enjoyed the song. I find lyrics challenging to write so pleased you enjoyed some of the imagery! Yes when I do a heavier rocky piece I always get the comments about wanting it to sound rougher, but I'm afraid my voice isn't made for that :P. I'm just pleased when I get it all more or less in tune :o.

Great comments guys, thanks again.
Cheers
Jamie

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 10:59:32 PM »
This would be a good song for a bit of road rage I think.

I enjoyed the listen but a bit out of my comfort zone in terms of critiquing this one. Nothing I could really pick fault at though, it sounded quite tight to me.

Just one thing production wise, there is noise (a hiss, like a mic left up) running all the way through this. It's most noticeable at the start but it continues throughout, slightly hazing the mix.

Yodasdad

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 05:58:56 PM »
Hi yodasdad, thanks for listening! I'm on my I pad just now but I'll go back and listen for the noise you heard, I haven't noticed it :P. Not sure if the road rage comment is good or bad? ;)
Glad you got something from it!
Cheers
Jamie

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 09:11:35 PM »
Great song Jamie,

I too love those smooth lyrics on rock tracks, Ie, dont fear the reaper,

Its rock but the vocals make it smooooth rock, great sound

Andy

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 09:17:50 PM »
Hi Jamie!

This is so much replokalsrock(rehersal bunker rock music) to me. Kind of both shutting out the world and having a go with all you got at the said world. It is not rare but it's rarely this good.  :)

I'd suggest developing the lyrics even further.
They seem a bit mechanical at the moment.
More focus on how things are described instead of what they describe.
Or not. They are effective as they are.

Martin

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 10:42:50 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

Hi Andy, I'm glad you like smooth rock vocals, because that's the only kind I can do! Glad you enjoyed it!

Hi Martin, I don't know the genre you refer to, so I'll take your word for it! I actually re wrote the lyrics many times more than I usually do, so I'm pleased you said they are effective. I'll have to look up rehearsal bunker music, I thought it was just a rock song.but what do I know?

Thanks again guys!

Cheers
Jamie

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 12:43:40 AM »
Hi Jamie

As others have said - great riffs carry this through.
Think you should CRANK the lead guitar up a lot though and needs more bite - MORE BITE!!

Vocals are stellar - sounds like classic rock to me - none of this half-ass crap nickelback drones.  ;D ;D

Paul

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »
I can only echo the others about the great riffs! And I love your vocals; I think they're perfect for this. The lyric and the music go together very well, you did a great job matching the strong beats to the strong syllables. I can't find anything to pick at. Well done!

Vicki