What's The Use (Viego Remix)

• 8 Replies

StevieJ

• Open Mic
« on: June 28, 2022, 01:18:01 PM »
Afternoon, so this is one of the first songs I wrote about a year ago now and @Philipp reached out to me a couple of weeks ago saying he heard the track on soundcloud and wanted to remix it so we got to work and here it is. I think he's done a great job but we would appreciate any feedback on this one. Thank you

https://soundcloud.com/user-586564289/whats-the-use-viego-remix?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

What's The Use

V1
It's nearing the end of the month
Bills still need to be paid
it's a messed up bed where I lay my head
it's a losing game I've played
500 on blackjack
500 on roulette
that's a thousand reasons to drink til I forget
So what's the use?

CH
What's the use in me trying
when you've made up your mind
what's the use in me lying
just to buy me a little time
to conjure up a reason for you to give me a chance
what's the use in me changing your tune
if I'm still gunna do the same old dance
what's the use

V2
I play my mistakes on repeat
it looks like you've seen enough
there's only so far you drive a heart
until it runs out of love
so fuck it 500 on blackjack
500 on roulette
that's another thousand reasons
to drink til I forget
so what's the use?

CH

BR
I can tell you I'm gunna change
I could tell you I'm gunna quit
I could promise I won't go back again
but then promises don't mean shit
so what's the use?

CH

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 02:19:30 PM »
A dead modern mix mate! excellent, wish i could do em :( nice work 8) just thought the vocal sound a bit too forward and a bit dry but I love reverb so best ignore me..LOL
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Philipp

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 02:51:08 PM »
We even re-recorded the vocals for the new mix. So technically speaking is more of a cover I guess, lol.
No seriously, we had fun doing the remix and I think the end result was worth it.

@shadowfax  After listening to it with fresh ears you are right, especially in the first verse the vocals are a little dry. But I don't think, that they are too much upfront. Maybe a little bit in the first verse.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 11:51:01 PM »
Great track. I like the way it builds at the start and the production is spot on - very much of this time. I really like the lyrics too. I could read a number of things into them, but it's a compelling listen. Brilliant :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 06:01:23 PM »
Yo Stevie.

Love the EQ-ed out intro,then the full fat sound bangs in. Tastily done by Phillip.

The lyrics paint a vivid picture of addiction and the very real battles folk experience.

It's a song which is relevant and carries weight.

Wicked deeds

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 10:19:48 AM »

@StevieJ,

I'd never belive that you have been writing for such a short space of time. The production is so cool. A great marriage of writing and studio skill in which the producer has given the. Song exactly what it deserves!

Wicked

StevieJ

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 02:28:11 PM »
@shadowfax @ChrisPrice @Skub @Wicked deeds  thanks for listening and commenting guys much appreciated. @Philipp has had a play around with the vocal depth now so hopefully sounding a little less dry than before.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 02:54:24 AM »
Great story-telling. I don't usually like abrupt endings but this one is done well and it suits the theme and the feel. Nice job.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2022, 08:45:44 PM »
Great production guys, really like the interesting twists and turns in the backing track.  Neat lyrics and melody too.  I'd agree that the vocal sounds a little too prominent, but that may be personal taste.  Big fan of the ending too - it suits the lyrics.  Funky, dancey, and entertaining.
It's all too beautiful.