konalavadome

Crazy In Love

• 14 Replies

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« on: July 07, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
So I thought as everybody else it i will post my first song that I wrote. It took me ages to write and when I finished it I was really proud and wanted to write more songs. Looking back now I think what a crap song it was but I'm grateful towards it as without it I don't think I would've started writing songs. I think I wrote this when I was 11.

To be honest I'm not even sure what its about. Don't think I ha a clue when I first wrote the song and I don't really now. The best I can come up with is someone leaving there partner as they're 'crazy in love' with someone else. I always agone thos song from
A males persepctive though whoch is weird. Anyway I give you permission to laugh at this as I cringe over in a corne. Enjoy!

crazy in love

verse
Listen sweetie,
I have something to tell you,
It may hurt,
But im only telling the truth,
Gotta move,
Even though im in love with you,
That's the way love works,
Sometime you gotta get hurt,

chorus
'cause im crazy in love,
I'm leaving you behind,
'Cause im crazy in love,
Nothing you can do will change my mind,
'Cause im crazy in love,
Outta my head,
'Cause im crazy in love,
Just gotta take that final step,

verse
I gotta go as soon as the sun goes down,
Don't want to stay with you,
Don't want to look like a clown,
But theres nothing you can do,
That will make me turn around,

chorus (x2)

Bridge
Most people have happy endings,
but if you think about it,
we had a bad begging,
ooh ooh,
i wanted this to last,
but it just aint happening 'cause
'Cause im crazy in love
crazy in love
crazy in love

chorus
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 10:05:44 PM »
I think these are good lyrics. To me you've fallen in love with somebody who doesn't love you. Your heart says stay and your head says go and the song is about the conflict between the two.

I think you're being too hard on yourself. I wish I could have written like this at 11.

diadem

cj allen

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 10:09:54 PM »
i could see this as a song no problem, keep it and put music to it

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
Nice!   I like it.............I had to smile    when it said:   We had a bad  begging?  is it begining?
Very good for 1st song  &  lyrical content  is  great :)             Stylus

Kevin j

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
i thot it was great for a first song, i couldnt have written anything like that when i was 11 :)
well, that escalated quickly..
-Anchorman :)

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 06:03:08 PM »
I feel very ashamed to post my first song now, Boo this may be cheesy but it is SO cute and at least it makes sense (unlike my first attempt which I shall post soon...). The title gets me thinking you were inspired by Beyonce and I love how you wrote as a boy. I was not writing like this at 11- no wonder you're so good now! You've come so far and you should be very proud x
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 06:21:38 PM »
hi booboo,

what a great first piece really lovely to read thanks for posting this
you should be proud well done at 11,  tony...

KEVIN B

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 08:22:40 PM »
Hi booboo
              brave of you to post your first song, and like the others have said, great attemt at your first song. way better than i could have done at that age,
you can tell it's written by a young girl i think, because of how simple and honest the lyrics are, as when you get older and life has dealt you a few bad hands, thats when it all gets so mixed up and complicated, that our lyrics change !!
but when we are young we just say it how it is,
nice one booboo   ;)

kev !

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »
Thanks for all the comments! To be honest I'm quite shocked that you seem to think this was a good first attempt at a song, please though!

Diademgrove - hmm I like the way you have interpreted it. Never thought of it that way before so I find that interesting!

Cj Allen - thank you so much

Stylus - haha yes I meant a bad beginning!'i copie and pasted it from another site I posted and at the time my spelling was quite poor. I never even noticed!

Kevin J - aww thank you so much!

Jess - haha thanks. With the title I didn't even realise that Beyonce had a song called 'Crazy In Love' until a few months after. When writing I didn't think of it as a boys perspective but everything I look back that's how I see it. My second song was a lot worse, went on the lines of 'I'm just a cheer girl, cheering on all the teams of the world' - CRINGE!

Benjo - thank you so much!

Kevin B - thanks! It is all quite simple, and it took me like 4 weeks to do write haha. But thank you🚶

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 03:03:55 AM »
Its actually almost there as a song. Sure its a little lacking in substance but that only comes from life experiences and at the age of 11 you only had 11 years of experiences to work with. If you had been 18 at the time you would have had 18 years of experiences to work with and if you had been 25 you would have had um... um... oh never mind I forget how many years of experiences 25 year olds have.

But its got a good structure, and If I was you, Id be proud of it.

Thomas Frederick

• Busker
    • Spotify
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 04:06:30 AM »
Good gracious for a first song this is very good!

I love the style it's very cute and amateurish. (which makes it very charming!)
The subject matter is decent and relatable for everyone.

Honestly this could be a song with a little bit of tweaking here and there!

And you wrote this at 11? Remarkable!
God, I wrote my first song at 14 (or 13?) and the first lines were "peace makes the world go round, oopsie daisy one fell down"

Tom

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 08:20:57 PM »
Seriousfun - haha, errr I think at 25 you may have 25 years of experience but I could be wrong. Thank you though and slowly I am!!

IPaintRainbows - haha thank you very much!

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 12:14:31 PM »
Seriousfun - haha, errr I think at 25 you may have 25 years of experience but I could be wrong. Thank you though and slowly I am!!

IPaintRainbows - haha thank you very much!

I believe it becomes exponential, i.e. by the time you hit 50 it feels like 1000 years :-)

btw - great song, don't meddle with it too much and lose the essence.  I haven't knowingly heard any of beyonce's stuff but I suspect this is better.
GTB
GTB

PeeJay

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 08:55:50 PM »
This is good stuff for an eleven year old. Better than my first effort was at the tender age of forty one!

The chorus is very catchy. Did Beyonce have one by this name? If so, did she nick it off you!

Nice one, Phil
I don't know what i'm doing but i do it anyway.

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »
Sorry Boo for crashing your post...
But I'm really not feeling the Beyonce love right now! Even I (whos dedication lies with Katy Perry) can admits she's such an icon and like the queen of pop...THIS is crazy in love (voted one of the biggest songs of the noughties)
(but Boo your songs are better xox)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle