konalavadome

Casa Delirious

• 42 Replies

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »
Hi

This is a highly personal piece which I am sure will bring a special time in your life back into focus for many many years to come. The production is good, the mix and the use of the stereo field are also of a high standard (although the constant panning left and right at around 3 minutes was a bit jarring when listening on headphones).

That said, it is not the sort of thing I would necessarily sit down and enjoy - it's just too "out there" for my tastes, but that is not the point. Very well produced piece of music.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 01:56:05 PM »
This was a bit over my head to be honest with you. I have enjoyed reading a lot of your posts...you're a great asset to the forum...I just wanted you to know that I had a listen and enjoyed it without really getting a handle on it. Your username always reminds me of Parsley the Lion from "The Herbs" but most of the youngsters won't remember that far back...

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 08:01:14 PM »
This was a bit over my head to be honest with you. I have enjoyed reading a lot of your posts...you're a great asset to the forum...I just wanted you to know that I had a listen and enjoyed it without really getting a handle on it. Your username always reminds me of Parsley the Lion from "The Herbs" but most of the youngsters won't remember that far back...

Glad you like me posts, I'm very committed to this forum, as it has given me such a lot.

Thanks very much for your nostaglic reminiscences, I always wanted to see pashwana bedi more often, he was so elusive.

'I'm dill the dog, Im a dog called dill', now if that isn't 'out there' then I don't know what is....I guess the non UK members will wonder what's going on, Hi Vicki/RedRhodie, it's alright, Were English...

cpm

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 08:06:30 PM »
Hi

This is a highly personal piece which I am sure will bring a special time in your life back into focus for many many years to come. The production is good, the mix and the use of the stereo field are also of a high standard (although the constant panning left and right at around 3 minutes was a bit jarring when listening on headphones).

That said, it is not the sort of thing I would necessarily sit down and enjoy - it's just too "out there" for my tastes, but that is not the point. Very well produced piece of music.

Appreciate your comments about the production, and thanks for listening, I put the stereo image down to my mixing cans, they are pretty good for that job.

If I remix it, I'll reduce the duration of the pan,as I tend to agree with you.

cpm

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:33:58 AM by cowparsleyman »

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 08:50:10 PM »
Yo cpm

It's a melting pot of genres and styles,creating a collaborated soundscape. There is a huge 'Ambient' presence on Soundcloud,so I think you'd attract more listeners if you tagged it thus,rather than EDM/dance.

Very cool piece.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 09:28:57 PM »
Yo cpm

It's a melting pot of genres and styles,creating a collaborated soundscape. There is a huge 'Ambient' presence on Soundcloud,so I think you'd attract more listeners if you tagged it thus,rather than EDM/dance.

Very cool piece.

Yo Skub, thanks for the listen and the comments, I've changed the tag to Ambient, I don't know anything about the proportion of the SC listeners by tag, so thanks for the advice, I'll see what happens...

Glad you like it.

cpm

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • AlphaLine Website:
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 10:45:12 PM »
And it’s yet another really interesting listen. Great beats, and loved those guitars in the centre. Really cool soundscaping here. I love a journey :)
Caz

Vocalist
AlphaLine

4 piece band from Surrey/Berkshire, UK, with sounds drawing in trip-hop, jazz, funk, ambient electronica and alternative psychedelic rock.

Check out our Instagram: www.instagram.com/alphalineband

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 07:19:33 AM »
Thanks Caz,

So nice of you to take the time to listen, where did your journey take you?

cpm

Daniel_Young

• Busker
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 03:58:26 PM »
Hi cpm,

I'm not a big electronic music fan but that's a cool mix.
the piece gave me a sort of Trance/techno vibe with your touch.

My fave part is the football broadcast near the end,it was surprising and original to my ears.

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 04:01:42 PM »
From your description I really didn't think I would like this, but I really did. I listened to it a few days ago while I was getting ready to go out and had to come back and listen again and again. I don't know what it is - it's just infectious. I think I agree that the China Girl intro is a bit jarring. I think it could have the unintended consequence of making people want to listen to Bowie instead of your song ahaha.

I can't offer much in the way of criticism because this isn't the type of music I make. All I know about experimental electronic/avante-garde/soundcollage etc. is whether I like it or not, and I liked this a lot.
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
Hi cpm,

I'm not a big electronic music fan but that's a cool mix.
the piece gave me a sort of Trance/techno vibe with your touch.

My fave part is the football broadcast near the end,it was surprising and original to my ears.

Daniel

That's really kind of you to say that, to be honest I'm not a huge fan of mainstream, I just had an idea and it took me with it, didn't have a clue when I started how it would turn out, but I do like a good beat.

I asked a friend of mine who is really into EDM and she said that she doesn't like too much talking, so I' guess she doesn't like it!

I wanted to get all the Countries represented, and I love American Football, (I used to play left guard) and I also really like the voices of the US commentators, they sound sooooo cool, so I popped that in.

I've never really been a follower, always tried to be a kind of pioneer, if I sound like someone else, that's purely coincidence

Thanks very much

cpm

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 08:45:04 PM »
From your description I really didn't think I would like this, but I really did. I listened to it a few days ago while I was getting ready to go out and had to come back and listen again and again. I don't know what it is - it's just infectious. I think I agree that the China Girl intro is a bit jarring. I think it could have the unintended consequence of making people want to listen to Bowie instead of your song ahaha.

I can't offer much in the way of criticism because this isn't the type of music I make. All I know about experimental electronic/avante-garde/soundcollage etc. is whether I like it or not, and I liked this a lot.

Hi Jack, first I have to say a big thank you for taking a punt with my song, and secondly I really like your work, I'm a real fan.

A couple of folk have mentioned the China Girl reference, but I wanted to have a kind of nod to the 2 oriental girls in the song, before you knew they were coming.

Your comments are really helpful, it's better if your not an expert in EDM, as most people that'll listen to it won't also be.

Could you hear that they had enjoyed recording it? they sent me iphone videos, WhatsApp voice recordings, nothing with a real mic. That was one of the reasons I processed some of them (the truth be out)

Thanks again jack

Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff

cpm

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:19:35 AM by cowparsleyman »

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • AlphaLine Website:
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 12:57:31 AM »
Acid house lounge tech- jazz! I’ve just been for a bimble through all the different rooms of a swanky high rise nightclub in the city from Blade Runner :) fab stuff Cx
Caz

Vocalist
AlphaLine

4 piece band from Surrey/Berkshire, UK, with sounds drawing in trip-hop, jazz, funk, ambient electronica and alternative psychedelic rock.

Check out our Instagram: www.instagram.com/alphalineband

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 08:23:03 AM »
Dear Mrs Rolina

Thanks for your answer, I feel like I have found that last piece of the jigsaw that fell down the back of the sofa a year ago, I have no idea about genres, so now I know what I'm doing, hmmm.

Hope you enjoyed your bimble, I prefer crumble.

Glad you like it.

cpm

KOTQM

• Busker
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 09:22:26 AM »
Not the kind of music that I would gravitate towards normally
But really enjoyed listening to this well polished track
So much different stuff going on and all some how interconnected
Great wide stereo use
Ambient just got interesting!

Nice job