konalavadome

She Comes Alive

• 19 Replies

mondobongo

• Open Mic
    • My pages at BandCamp
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »
Nice breathy vocal to start with. Love the way the song slowly builds up to the final crescendo. Great song and great arrangement.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 07:27:04 AM »
I liked all the parts and the build worked well. I sometimes felt that the choruses blended in a little bit too much with their part of the song and so lost a bit of impact.

Guitars also get a shout out, especially the tasteful descending melody lines early on.

Super song and production - got a little Neil Finn vibe from some of the changes and melody...

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 11:23:48 AM »
I would like to thank everyone who has listened and commented. I have found the comments all very helpful and I am very grateful.

It has made me realise I need to share my work with this group earlier because the feedback is something I want to incorporate earlier in my process, because of the value it provides.

Super song and production - got a little Neil Finn vibe from some of the changes and melody...
Adam, very kind and the mention of Mr. Finn is a great compliment.

Anyway I love it. A bit like crowded house meets The La's or indeed Alan S :-)
More Mr. Finn! Thanks Neil! :)

Don't lose that first minute - in my opinion it is important to build the rest of the song.
I wouldn't lose the first minute.
Thanks guys, definite will keep it then. Might just add a little sparkle to it.

The first minute I quite like - though for me it's lyrically a bit lightweight - a personal taste thing. But it's pop and quite joyful, so fits the music well.
Thanks Digger, it is a bit lightweight. I do write these days with universal and commercial appeal in mind mostly. I'll try and post something a little darker next time tho  :)

Thanks again everyone!

Tommy Blixt

• Open Mic
    • https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 11:02:47 PM »
Those harmoines are fantastic! The guitar is really well mixed as is the rest of the track. Your singing voice is really good!

Great track!!

With love
Known as, Beppe

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 04:20:43 PM »

I loved the build through the track and then the change of gear at around the half way mark

The intro section was nice but I felt the guitar and vocal were way too "up front" - I think this section would have worked a little better with some "space" - interestingly I thought I heard the vocal "open up" at around the 1.30 mark

+1 to other comments about removing the techno drum sounds - I think you did the right thing adding something at this point but I would definitely suggest going for some different acoustic drum sounds

I could hear lots of little melody lines from different songs - the melody on "she comes alive" is very close to the hook of another similar song but I can't place it at the moment

Overall though this is a really nice song and definitely something I would listen to
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic