konalavadome

FALLING INTO YOU ©

• 43 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 09:59:42 AM »
Hi CS

Lovely track - to me sounded like the 5th dimension in the 70's
Vocals seemed a bit unsure/hesitant when they first appear but sound great in that 1st chorus and afterwards. BTW - catchy chorus melody with sweet harmonies, and I liked the floaty bits near the end.

Nice work
Paul
thanks so much for your supportive comments Paul :) I know what you mean about the opening vocals and I will redo them at some point ::) I'm glad you like the ending as well  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 10:04:51 AM »
I love the emotional word pictures here.

What struck me in an extremely positive way was that when you had said enough with the lyric, you just quit instead of tacking on an added (unnecessary) verse. 

Someone once told me, "When you're writing, just say your lines and get off the stage."  That's what you did with this lyric.   Wish I could follow that advice myself more often. 

I love that you always comment on the lyrics htm :) lyrics for me, are usually the most important aspect of a songs...well mine anyway :) and you're right...I said what I had to say, and then I floated away  :) :)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 10:05:12 AM »
Hi Suzy, great dreamy piece very much in what I think was to become your style.liked the child like innocence and the harmonies. Sympathetic arrangement and production. I didn't like the drum sounds, but that's a taste thing! I'm not usually a great fan of effects unless thom Yorke is attached to them, but this worked very well in keeping with the song I think!
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 10:58:28 AM »
I think the "lost tapes" feel actually adds to the track!

There is a lovely "innocence" about the track that I could really engage with

I really liked the song and your delivery

The trippy end section is absolutely fantastic

To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 11:11:15 AM »
Ah, vintage planet Suzy.

Takes me back to that epic video you did about the world. Was it about 2 hours long? :)

It says something about a song when you can dig it up a couple of years later and it still sounds great.

Digger

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »
Hi Suzy,

I think this is excellent, like the tape hiss, sounds like it is part of the song. Wonderful ending.

Made my morning.

Keith
Thanks Keith, I'm glad you liked the tape hiss ::) and thanks for the thumbs up on the ending :) I wasn't sure if it was too much or too long :) :)

I think it could have been longer.

Keith

Frenchy

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 03:35:52 PM »

Love the vibe of the song, and as many have said, the tape hiss adds to the feel.

The 'Falling, Falling, Falling' bit just sounds like the start of a bridge/middle 8 melody to my ears.

'Make peace with pain' great line within great lyrics. Love your voice too. Love the vibe at the end, just turn down the 'cat' sounding vocals just a tad.

Great job, really enjoyed that.

Frenchy

Frenchy

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 03:44:13 PM »

Love the vibe of the song, and as many have said, the tape hiss adds to the feel.

The 'Falling, Falling, Falling' bit just sounds like the start of a bridge/middle 8 melody to my ears.

'Make peace with pain' great line within great lyrics. Love your voice too. Love the vibe at the end, just turn down the 'cat' sounding vocals just a tad.

Great job, really enjoyed that.

Frenchy

MartiMedia

• Solo Gig
    • MartiMedia
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 06:06:04 PM »
Hi CS, I read you are aware of the production quality state, so I won't be feeding you back with suggestions on that department. Like the 'angel'-sound created by all those layered vocals. Well done! Great catchy tune, beautiful arrangement. This is another very creative peace of work from your camp, great! Enjoyed listening CS!
https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/tracks
https://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia

Most recent collab (October 2015): Never Mine To Keep - Jambrains and Martimedia
http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/song-reviews/never-mine-to-keep-(jambrains-martimedia-collab)/

My 'best' track (Winning track of this board's 'Dreams' 2015 summer competition):
https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2015, 05:19:22 PM »
I remembered it from last year when the chorus kicked in.
Cool CS/Carpenters vibe going on here.
Just meanders around in a warm enveloping manner.
Lovely
 :)
Neil

ps dont you just love the warmth from the cassette, you just dont get them anymore - although somebody's no doubt got a VST to emulate it :D
songwriter of no repute..

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 10:48:17 AM »
To me this is a typical CS track i.e. dreamy, floating, sweet. Was not disturbed by the hiss at all but found the vocals a bit too way back in the mix and the whole mix a bit "flat". On the other hand that probably adds to the atmosphere of the song and another production may very well rob the song of it's "soul". A very relaxing and soothing track that goes perfectly with a nice cup of camomile tea  ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »
Really like all the hiss. It makes it like a found artefact someone has got out of a time capsule or something. Adds to the mood reajavascript:void(0) ;Dlly well.

Beautifully sung, with lovely harmonies and overlapping lines.

Very nice :-)
Thanks tboswell :) Who'd have thought the hiss would get so many thumbs up  ;D Thanks for the thumbs up on the vocals :) :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 11:05:53 AM »
As everyone says, very nice trippy track. I like your lyrics a lot, they seem more or less a straightforward love song without seeming corny, they're original and interesting.

The floaty bits at the end sound really good, and really suit the song. I like it when people are more adventurous with their arrangements. The chord choices are also really nice. I played some of your other songs on soundcloud and think that the arrangement here is much more interesting than your more traditionally arranged songs.

It's a pity we can't hear the recording at its original quality, but I presume that you'll recreate it at some point. I know that others like the hiss, but I think personally I'd rather hear it clear.
thanks AT :) I can't seem to get away from the trippy vibe thing in my songs ::) I guess this song
can be interpreted on several different levels, but I'm glad you liked the lyrics :) Thanks for the thumbs up on the arrangement, chord structure and originality. You must have just listened to my more conservative songs, because I have some that are pretty unconventional ::)
I would like to re-record this song one day :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 11:12:13 AM »
Sweetly evocative fairyland stuff as usual from the pagan pixie pen of the delicious crystalsuzy.
Almost a bit middle of the road in places, lots of classic careful changes exquisitely sugared by the fabulously whimsical harmonies and languidly lucid lyricism of magically mellifluous meanderings.
Fleeting flows of consciousness break bonds towards the end, subtly soaring through arty atmospheres of halcyon haze.
I just love stuff like this. For me, heaven would have music like this, being played by pretty troubadours of mythical beings in an eternal summer of pastoral paradise,,,,,
Delightfully dreamy,,,,,,

What can I say Jathon? Once again your review far surpasses any lyrics that I've ever written :) Your penmanship is magnificent :) thank you so much for your exquisite review :-* :-*

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 11:16:26 AM »
very atmospheric suzy
vocals are nicely spooky and in the air.. reminds a little of kate bush, 
i like the orchestral things happening behind your vocals be nice to bring them up
beautiful outro
all the best music hisses

Thanks Nooms :) Your reviews are always valued and much appreciated :)
You're right though...I think I need to try and remix this one, as much as possible, considering the original tracks are lost  :o glad you liked the outro :)