konalavadome

Genius

• 41 Replies

Dutchbeat

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »
That is good, great lyrics and a strong and clear melody

and it is very admirable that you don't let yourself get stopped by lack of equipment etc. That is the true songwriting spirit!!!!!!!

really cool, Jess

if there is anything i could do to add to the production (of which Boydie is talking), let me know, like  a drumpattern that is in line with your body instruments...actually it could be good to have the real thing, so a track of your clapping and make a loop of that, combined with for instance a bass and a snare pattern...but i think i should not be in the way of Boydie  ;D ;D ;D ;D his productions are great

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »
I'm so sorry I haven't replied to all your amazing amazing comments, I keep forgetting that I'm a part of this section of the forum so keep forgetting to check it! But now I have...I'm slightly overwhelmed...

On a 'producing' note, yes it's all yours! But, I am warning you in advance I have NO IDEA at all when it comes to production, recording and snare patterns (I mean what even is that? :o) etc. so this is all brand new for me *excited happy face* but yes I would be very happy to 'throw a few ideas around' :D

Your comments are all so lovely and I'm so grateful, so I just wanted to apologise for the lack of commenting I do on people's work, this side of the forum, I listen to all your songs, but I'm such a beginner I don't really know what I'm looking for- like if the chords go or if it's too fast, etc, so I hope as I grow at writing music as well as lyrics, I'll be able to provide actual helpful feedback- so please don't think I'm ignoring you

Love the *deep menacing voice* dark side of the forum already...
...almost as much as I love New Girl... :)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 04:31:40 PM »
Hi Jess

Great news!

I will PM you with a few details and we can get cracking!

Boydie
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 07:50:31 PM »
rock 'n' roll Jess this is what its about getting your songs so people can hear them! good stuff!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 09:35:56 PM »
Jess, this made me sit up and take notice. What a great idea to make a song out of voice and clicks and slaps.

I'm not great at appreciating just a written lyric but shove it into a song and I'm listening. I bet if you were interested you'd find plenty of people willing to work with you on this song on the forum. Sadly I don't think I could do it justice.

Thanks for introducing me to 'peplum' (I had to look it up). And I think I'll find a bowl in the kitchen and call it the 'Super Bowl' Brilliant.

They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 09:51:17 AM »
I bet if you were interested you'd find plenty of people willing to work with you on this song on the forum

hmmm

Well, my people and talking to Jess's people and we are trying to thrash something out

Discussions are going well but the only sticking point is Jess's rider - a demand for a bath full of blue M&Ms  ::)

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »
Seems very reasonable. Send me the remaining colours  :D

Dogmax

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 08:28:59 PM »
Jess you're a Genius that was so unusual it was brilliant, what a way to get your songs heard and already you're getting offers of help, the way to go Jess   8)

Brilliant.

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 12:52:25 PM »
hey jess,

i loved it brave of you to go for it like that
but for me it worked well
if i'm honest you seem to lose time a little in places
but i was so taken by the lyrics that it didn't bother me
i hear a lttle bit of liily allen/ beautiful south about it
very well done fresh take care...

danproducerman

• Busker
    • www.facebook.com/danscholesproducer
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »
Hey Jess

I really like the lyrics in fact I really think they're "genius" if you excuse the pun!  ;)

Very current and have a cool modern style about them. The melody is also pretty catchy and the song in general is crying out for a good production behind it although ironically just a really cool/drum vibe with little else would probably work with just a little guitar.

With the right backing it's definitely the kind of vibe I could hear on commercial radio certainly in the UK anyway. Very cool!  :)

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 09:12:36 PM »
Woah! This has been bumped like 2 pages forwards! I was literally just listening to a song called 'I want you dead' (or something along those lines) and was like oh someone else has written a song called genius...OMG THAT'S MY GENIUS! This is so exciting! Thank you, everyone seems to appreciate my body percussion- I mean seriously real instruments are so overrated! ;D yes I totally lose timing and the verses aren't totally the same melodically (I think that's a word) but I'm so glad you all like the originality and I introduced you to some new words- not going to lie I originally thought it was pleblum...
Me and Boydie are working on this and it's going great, unfortunately I do have education commitments so I can't work on it as quickly as I want to but I hope you'll be able to hear the finished product very soon...

And no word of a lie I ONLY eat the blue M&Ms...how weird?! But seriously WHY would you want a red M&M when you could have a blue one that changes the colour of your tongue?

...and if this is the 25th reply to my post does that mean its going to become a red speaker post? My first ever red speaker post YAY :)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 09:43:30 PM »
I am just shocked you didn't demand a BLUE speaker!!!  ::)  ;D  ;)

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 10:10:58 PM »
The surplus M&Ms haven't arrived yet ...

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 10:36:29 PM »
Hi Jess...totally enjoyable listen...what a great way to come out of the lyric section...I think you have a very nice voice...love the body percussion and your lyrics are outstanding :)...very original...can't wait to hear more from you...I'm so glad this popped up again...thanks for this share :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:13:22 PM by crystalsuzy »

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »
Wow thank you crystalsuzy!
I am just shocked you didn't demand a BLUE speaker!!!  ::)  ;D  ;)
Yes!! Tone NEEDS to make this happen! *hint hint*