• What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 10:30:16 AM »
Not the kind of music that I would gravitate towards normally
But really enjoyed listening to this well polished track
So much different stuff going on and all some how interconnected
Great wide stereo use
Ambient just got interesting!

Nice job

Thanks KOTQM, really kind of you to take a listen to something that you wouldn't normally. I really wanted to weave the ideas together, and somehow it came together.

I didn't know it was ambient either!

Glad you liked it, and I really appreciate that you consider it 'polished', my focus at the moment is to improve my production.

just as an aside, when I sent the later mixes to the people that contributed, they said they were dancing around their office, so I was very pleased that it had a bit of 'feel' and 'bounce' to it.

cpm

giitlesriddles

• Open Mic
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2018, 03:38:24 PM »
Love the guitar intro, and how it led the exact opposite direction I expected it to go. This is really cool and really trippy. Awesome texturing and sound design, and I love the random four chords that comes in while the bass stays in the vamp. Really cool vibes, I love the subtle guitar. TBH I kinda wanna listen to this on drugs hahaha. This is really cool, I think I'd call this like trip hop. I don't know, Its really cool.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 04:42:32 PM »
Love the guitar intro, and how it led the exact opposite direction I expected it to go. This is really cool and really trippy. Awesome texturing and sound design, and I love the random four chords that comes in while the bass stays in the vamp. Really cool vibes, I love the subtle guitar. TBH I kinda wanna listen to this on drugs hahaha. This is really cool, I think I'd call this like trip hop. I don't know, Its really cool.

Wicked Mr Riddles

REALLY dig you you tube song, super piece of work.

Gald you dig it, I remember mixing it often I was dancing about with my cans on.

Thanks for the genre pointer.

cpm

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2018, 10:08:05 PM »
I like it. It's chilled out and kinda soothing. It's good background music, but not boring. I'm listening as I'm writing. Good job. Yup, I could play it again.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2018, 09:34:09 AM »
I like it. It's chilled out and kinda soothing. It's good background music, but not boring. I'm listening as I'm writing. Good job. Yup, I could play it again.

Thanks very much Red, it's so interesting to see how you perceive this one, so glad you like it. That's praise enough to say you could play it again.

Are you ready?

cpm

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2018, 11:56:30 AM »
nicely done. Imaginative and it really sounds effortless.
I wonder what Daw you're using there.

I hope to get to your level of skills one day
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2018, 01:48:32 PM »
nicely done. Imaginative and it really sounds effortless.
I wonder what Daw you're using there.

I hope to get to your level of skills one day

Rightly, your so kind with what you say, thanks for the listen, I guess it's just practise, knowing what I want and how to get there, i suppose...Oh yes, the most important thing is do what YOU want, don't think about what anyone else might think of it, be a pioneer.

I use Magix Samplitude pro x3, I love it, has so much it can do and a shed load of useable, top quality plugins from the same manufacturer, so you know everything is stable.

Your comments warmed me up on this snow bound day.

cpm

Larsen B

• Busker
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »
Interesting piece and well produced - not a style that I've ever heard before, so it's certainly original!
I'm struggling a bit to think of the context in which it would succeed commercially. Did you write it with the idea of placing it somewhere or just for the fun of it?
Very high production values - sounds very professional.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2018, 08:46:19 AM »
Interesting piece and well produced - not a style that I've ever heard before, so it's certainly original!
I'm struggling a bit to think of the context in which it would succeed commercially. Did you write it with the idea of placing it somewhere or just for the fun of it?
Very high production values - sounds very professional.

Cheers B,

I really appreciate your listening time and your comments.

Nothing I do is written with an eye on commercial success, there seems to a be a few pieces that people like to hear, whether they are on this forum or not, so I get kind of guided by the response.

Maybe the quality of the production is down to the DAW (Magix Samplitude Pro X3 Suite), also I  just make sure I'm happy with everything at each stage of the process, with the aim of doing as little as possible at the mastering stage.

thanks very much.

cpm

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
Hi,

This displays a great deal of skill on the technical side - it sounds terrific. I would lose the Bowie at the start - it doesn't need to be there. As for genre - who knows; it doesn't matter. I found this very relaxing and intriguing if a little long and repetitive at times. It's a brave thing to try and I think it comes off well. Would work well in a club under the influence of some mind altering substances. 8)

M

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2018, 04:25:19 PM »
Hi,

This displays a great deal of skill on the technical side - it sounds terrific. I would lose the Bowie at the start - it doesn't need to be there. As for genre - who knows; it doesn't matter. I found this very relaxing and intriguing if a little long and repetitive at times. It's a brave thing to try and I think it comes off well. Would work well in a club under the influence of some mind altering substances. 8)

M

Hi M

Thanks for the listen, and your opinion,  it seems the bowie thing is a love/hate item, I know what you mean about it being repetitive, I listened to it a lot and moved things about, so they would appear just as you were getting bored...I also realised that a lot of EDM (to my ears at least) is quite repetitive.

With this piece I didn't want it over all too soon, I wanted a longer piece that one is able to sonically immerse into, a personal journey, like a nice hot bath, if you will, that left you with a feeling of an experience rather than a song.

I promise you the only substance I took when mixing it was Horlicks, who knows what's in that!

Thanks again for the compliments regarding the production, Monty, maybe I'm improving...

cpm

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 09:08:44 PM »
Well I liked this, but I did not know the genre type.

Great sounds and it relaxes me as well as makes you happy at the same time.

Great library of sounds.

Well done

Sandeep

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2018, 08:13:52 AM »
Well I liked this, but I did not know the genre type.

Great sounds and it relaxes me as well as makes you happy at the same time.

Great library of sounds.

Well done

Sandeep

Wow, that's really kind of you Sandeep, like your name 'movin flavour' I bit like 'Casa' those flavours move quite a bit.

Thanks for the listen, made me happy doing it, it was a right blast.

cpm