(new song) Gauntlet.

• 43 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 07:19:22 AM »
Thanks for listening guys..didn't know this was prog rock and still don't know what prog rock is.. ??? ??? ??? ???

Bands such as ELP,Rush,Yes,Marillion and early Peter Gabriel Genesis,to name a few,Kev. Progressive Rock was how folk eventually pigeon-holed it,back then it was just rock music to us.

So, anybody that was any good then..suites me fine in that case.. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 07:22:09 AM »
Nothing wrong with being progressive, as far as I am concerned  :)

Hi Tom, wasn't bothered about it, just wasn't sure what it was.. ???
dunno why people wanna pigeon hole music anyway..now is now, then was then :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2016, 07:22:55 AM »
Hey shadow....I really dig this. Your vocals really glow in this melody. Great production!
Nice writing, man.......I really like the break.....different.....innovatively breaks from the way most of us turn corners with our own writing.
Good stuff!!
                              8) -Tom

thanks for listening Tom, appreciate your comments.. :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 07:59:43 AM »
The topic kind of reminds me of the lyrics from "Kings" by Steely Dan, and "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who. 

So, so, so true too.  Revolution simply fades into a new orthodoxy to be protected at all costs from future revolutions.  When someone DOES think outside the box, a new box is created and no one is allowed to think outside that new box. 

"The best laid plans of mice and men amount to about the same thing."  I could google that and credit it to whoever said it.... but I'm too lazy.  'o)
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 09:13:46 AM »
Kevin - I think this is one of your best that I've reviewed. It's not that I like the style better than any of the others, but it's that here everything seems to work together and your lyrics are more meaty too which also gives it a lift. I think this song has a real identity as a song, the way it is written and produced. Jackpot.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2016, 05:14:00 PM »
Hi Kevin, nice production With a prog rock sound. Made me think of a song by wishbone ash, something about a warrior, but I can't remember the title. Also made me think of Rush and Jesthro Tull. All good!
Nice one
Cheers
Jamie

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2016, 09:19:00 PM »
Good one. :) I really liked the twist at the end, and the battle noises were subtle but effective.

Great performances and production, too. You have a very recognizable, individual style when you sing.

Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 03:23:03 PM »
OK so it has the sound and some elements of prog but definitely on the poppy side. It's not eleven minutes long for a start...and is quite catchy.

Not a pop lyric though. And the non-musical bits aren't pop either really.

It's interesting how that intro has a medieval feel - the sound of the guitar as well as the musical lines.

Got to confess this isn't one of my faves Kevin. I prefer the straight pop lyric. I have an aversion to songs with golden crowns and foes in...it might be wizards and men in long white robes next.....must be a subconscious desire to try to forget that I ever owned a Uriah Heep album.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2016, 04:17:45 PM »
The topic kind of reminds me of the lyrics from "Kings" by Steely Dan, and "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who. 

So, so, so true too.  Revolution simply fades into a new orthodoxy to be protected at all costs from future revolutions.  When someone DOES think outside the box, a new box is created and no one is allowed to think outside that new box. 

"The best laid plans of mice and men amount to about the same thing."  I could google that and credit it to whoever said it.... but I'm too lazy.  'o)

oh so true..so true in fact..I wrote a song about it..cheers for listening my friend :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2016, 04:21:31 PM »
OK so it has the sound and some elements of prog but definitely on the poppy side. It's not eleven minutes long for a start...and is quite catchy.

Not a pop lyric though. And the non-musical bits aren't pop either really.

It's interesting how that intro has a medieval feel - the sound of the guitar as well as the musical lines.

Got to confess this isn't one of my faves Kevin. I prefer the straight pop lyric. I have an aversion to songs with golden crowns and foes in...it might be wizards and men in long white robes next.....must be a subconscious desire to try to forget that I ever owned a Uriah Heep album.

promise no wizards or white robes..this song just came out of the blue...Uriah Heep is a character in a Dickens novel isn't he? didn't know he did an album ???
cheers for listening :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 04:22:18 PM »
My sincere thanks to all who took the time to listen and comment on my song.. :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 11:42:33 PM »
This was great Kev but I must say I preferred your 80s synth stuff. There is a can of wd40 in the post in case your armour has rusted up  :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »
Hi,

I have a natural antipathy to this sort sort of material and I have to admit that lyrically it's very close to toppling into self parody. I think what saves it is a combination of your amazing voice, the production and the melody which is beautifully supported by the music. Not my bag but a very accomplished piece of work.

M

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 05:20:37 PM »
Cheers Guy's..just wanted to knock out something different...
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!