wannabe songwriter

• 2 Replies

darreldo

• Open Mic
« on: November 30, 2011, 05:36:32 PM »
hi, my name is darrel.
im 28 from halifax west yorks, been playing guitar for 12 years now and been writing for the past year or so.
my old band split but i think i wrote some decent songs that im proud of. i arent being big headed, i have no room for ego's. i just like to play. id describe my influences as the la's, stone roses, beatles. the byrds. love that jangly sound and liverpudlian sound. if anybody would like to check my songs out, they are on you-tube.
they are under the title TREBUS. I wrote the songs NEED TO KNOW, WORDS AND PICTURES, ALIVE, ALTER EGO, and i co-wrote BEDLAM, NO PASSENGERS. hope you take time to listen to them and give me your opinion. it would be greatly appreciated. im hoping to carry on writing, maybe join a new band or record something when i get a home studio. by the way. its not me who is singing on the you-tube videos.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »
Hi Darrel

Thanks for joining the forum, and welcome! If you're looking for feedback on your songs, I recommend posting in the reviews forum. Posting one song for review at a time will get the best results. Don't forget to listen to other members' songs, and give your own feedback.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 04:10:14 PM »
Hi :) Already listened to a couple of the ones you posted in the reviews section. I like
what I heard so far. Tone is right. One at a time will get the most views and most feedback
as long as you take the time to do the same for others.
A big wlcome from me and hope you like it here :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.