I don't want know you

• 17 Replies

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:03:14 PM »
Well this week I thought after going through few reviews in the forum .. that lyrics seems not a main issue in the forum .. so I thought I'll post one of my none English songs .. now writing the Title is a bit tricky .. so I'll translate it .. Ma reed Aarfik .. means .. I don't want know you ..

https://soundcloud.com/saeed-alsuri/ma-reed-aarfick

the songs lyrics were written by a friend in 1978 .. I recorded the song in band format with Strings and woodwinds .. but in December 2012 I made another version of it just for fun .. it turned really some thing .. that is my opinion .. now its the reviewers time to say there bit .. thanks guys ..

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »
 Hi Saeed  You know........I'm gonna like this.....Because it has a kind of Santana  feel about it. Latin
American.  I dont understand the language  but that is not important because it appeals & crosses over
Music has no language? I'm not sure if  'I Dont want to know you' is  the right subject matter for this music...because this music sounds too pleasant &  If I did 'I dont want to know you' as a song it would
sound just like the title..more ignorant & with attitude. I thank You for allowing me to experience what
fellow guitarist/writers are doing. You are quite talented & the few songs I have heard  have variety,colour   &  a  stamp that is your style.   :)

Keep up the good work!   Stylus

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »
nice!!!!!! great guitar, super tight percussion 8) 8) 8)

extremely well done, once again!

i would like to know the entire lyrics...i mean to know what the song is singing

so, if to want to share those, Saeed

perhaps i can even delve up one of songs i wrote with Dutch lyrics.....

keep the music coming, your music always is sunny and optimistic, and the guitar work is cool

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 08:25:33 PM »
got some energy, rhythm and nice Santana guitar as Stylus said. I was transported away from a wet and windy England evening.
:)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »
Thanks guys for the nice words  :D..

about the lyrics .. I'll try to translate it later ;) ..

about Santana .. he is the man how made me love Latin music first song heard by him 1974 Evil Ways .. never tried to Imitate him but like his feel .. he is a man of melody in his solos not the kind of super sonic jet flying solos speed .. I'm not against it but I like the melodies much for the solos 8) ..

I have one more request if possible you can follow me on sound cloud it will give a better chance to listen to all my uploads there rather then posting them here .. ;D

thanks guys

Saeed

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 01:16:36 PM »
Hi Saeed,

Some sweet sounds in there. Nice playing. Nice mix - makes you want to move. Vocal sounds good.

Digger

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
Thanks man .. now this the lyrics of the song ..  8)

Now you came and say forgive me ..

after you have done what you wanted ..

Chorus:

Finish finish I don't want to know you ..

I thought you my love's rose ..

I thought you the light in my heart ..

I thought you life and spring ..

Never new you are the thorns of Autumn ..

Chorus:
Finish finish I don't want to know you ..

by my friend Saeed Al Saklawy

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 01:53:13 PM »
Wow!   I like lyrics     & can relate to the feelings  when  someone hurts you & comes back crying &
you forgive & forgive & forgive till you  feel......I dont want to know you!   Bravo   :)  Stylus

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
Wow - I love this what a great sound - I very rarely say this - but I would be very happy for it to be longer, but it works at this length I guess as I will just go and listen to it again. Great stuff. Look forward to hearing more. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:24 PM »
Thanks Styles .. but your a guitarist after all .. :D

and thank you very much bewarethisboy I'm glad that you liked the song .. :o

Now can I say this one more time .. please follow me on my Sound Cloud to hear the rest of my stuff I have Instrumental music I don't think it's good for this forum or is it ?? and you could comment on the stream line there ..  ;D

thanks again Guys you are all cool .. 8)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »
Oh Saeed that was just lovely...guitar definitely reminds of Santana, but very much your own

style...you have an amazing voice and the harmonies are great....everything about the song is very

professional...I've been listening to a couple of your other songs as I write this...I'm very impressed

Thanks so much

I'm following you on soundcloud
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:37:06 AM by crystalsuzy »

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »
Thanks crystalsuzy .. ;D

It make's me happy that you guys like my song .. and happier when you follow me .. I think after all these years Santana still great in his plying says a lot .. the man is fantastic in solo melody one of very few to be able to do that as many years he did .. 8)

Thanks again ..

I'm working now on a muzak type Latin instrumental for guitar .. may be this week it well be ready to upload ..

Cheers .. :D

Saeed

Dogmax

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 06:20:16 PM »
Well Saeed

You have me dancing while I'm writing this  ;D

You have a great song, great guitar playing not going to tell who the guitar playing remind me of  ;D

I want to learn how to dance those moves, and this is all because of your song.

I can see myself on the dance floor already, Ar Saeed I'm moving real cool  8)

Now if i could only get a woman to dance with.

Great song Saeed great guitar playing

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 07:06:40 PM »
Thanks Dogmax ..

well I don't know about the lady which will dance with you but I'm sure .. this wont be a problem for a hansom man like you .. :D

very glad to know you liked it .. now I'm working on music piece which I just fished the vocals for ..

and I'll start the mix after I finish writing this .. as you know this wont be uploaded her .. you see no lyrics .. ::) 

it'll be posted on Sound cloud .. so may be tomorrow you guys can check it out ..  :D

Cheers 8)

Saeed

monkfish79

• Busker
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 11:02:40 PM »
This is cool! Great Santana style lines and a nice feel. Bring your guitar forward for the wee noodles between verses because they're awesome. The vocals are good - I didn't fully read the translation but that didn't really matter because it's an easy listen!

Nice!  ;D