the wooden ships

• 13 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:09:16 PM »

Sorry about the quality..it`s mp3 on audacity,,,,free version...got some funky affects...needs doing again properly...but the idea is here..probably sounds great if your  on magic mushrooms..

Its a bit slow as well, warts and all :Pl .......i will get some proper recording stuff soon.....

It`s about industrialization,and looking back to to a time when the earth wasn`t being ruined.

https://soundcloud.com/songsthatcry/z0000046-2-1

Lyrics..

Love is a four letter word
hav`nt they heard
love is a four letter word
havn`t they heard

and this century
all machinery
burning up the land
and destroying the sea

la,la,la

breaking all the rules
only fooling fools,
breaking all the rules
like only miracles do

la,la,la,

were are the wooded ships
with the sailors.......
golden sash ,around the hips
breaking through the storms
born in tempest gales
forwards they  go
with the wind in the sails...

love is a four letter word
havn`t they heard..

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
I like this. Lovely melody and good lyrics :

"breaking through the storms
born in tempest gales
forwards they  go
with the wind in the sails..."

I'm thinking there might be a little too much reverb/echo - it gets in the way sometimes. You could turn it down and still get the same mood. My favourite track that you've done so far. Ethereal in a sublime way.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »
Liked this...think this is your best so far.  Volume needs looking at, had to turn it right up to hear it properly, then that big crash sound was a bit of a shock. Nice feel, and the structure and arrangement was good.  Your vocals are coming on in leaps and bounds mate...do you warm up, before you record?? If not, you should try it....well it helps me anyway ;D...thought the line ' love is a verb' might work here as well....far be it from me to advise you on lyrics STC.  But I thought I heard it originally, then when I saw it was different...thought I might suggest it.  Good work mate ;D
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
Ta. i did this a couple of yrs ago in Verona...the heat was incredible,inside and was a struggle to keep any moisture......as to the sound quality,these free audio mixing sites only offer very basic facilities.coupled with my complete lack of knowledge..i just put some delay and a couple of other things to make it sound fuller and dreamlike....

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »
Hi,

I don't know if it's my speakers but I could hardly make anything out. I had to turn the volume up virtually full and still only got a vague hum and sporadic bit of vocal. Which is a pain, because from what others have said it sounds like it would be right up my street.

Digger

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 05:02:44 PM »
Hi,

I don't know if it's my speakers but I could hardly make anything out. I had to turn the volume up virtually full and still only got a vague hum and sporadic bit of vocal. Which is a pain, because from what others have said it sounds like it would be right up my street.

Digger

Yeah it`s dead quiet on my comp,,but i use headphones,,it`s a lot louder.

garys2811

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:15:32 PM »
Yes something has gone wrong with the compression or something but i get there moody, eerie feel well which is good. I'm not sure about the words. It seems to be a song about conservation, a protest song but I don't get the "Love is a four letter word" inconnection with that. So good moody track but  the words might need a bit work to bring the ideas together.
Garys2811

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 07:22:34 PM »
Yes something has gone wrong with the compression or something but i get there moody, eerie feel well which is good. I'm not sure about the words. It seems to be a song about conservation, a protest song but I don't get the "Love is a four letter word" inconnection with that. So good moody track but  the words might need a bit work to bring the ideas together.

I will try to re do it...soon  with some better software.....i don`t what i was thinking about when i scribbled it down, maybe that love of the planet,the natural word has gone..and it`s such a small word,that would prevent a lot of things if people remembered it...i was drinking a lot of wine then. :D

garys2811

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:28 PM »
Yes I get that. It's a good theme. I think the song is well worth another go - a good excuse for more wine too.
Garys2811

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 01:10:27 AM »
Hi, looking past the horrible recording I think there's a great tune in there.
If you re record one day , go easy on the reverb   ;D

Some really good lyrics painting a great scene.
Interesting song .
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

Kafla

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 08:34:56 PM »
You know it's very hard to make the song out so it must be the songwriter in me but I can hear something quite awesome in there

Kind of indie , off the edge stuff

You would really thrive hooking up with a good producer for a while  ;D

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »
Strung out - a bit like an acoustic The Church. I liked some of the words. looking forward to hearing how it develops.
 :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »
better recording it would sound great like, theres sumit in there like,  its cool how it just sounds like its a rough soundcheck recording, could be epic from the sounds of it tho!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
I listened through, and as Kafla says they is something here. So quiet a recording can only show so much, all I can say is keep working at it and get yourself something that can give a crisper recording so we can all be of more particular help :)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk