konalavadome

Old For New

• 57 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2023, 04:39:45 PM »
Well, I’ve finished mine now @Wicked Deeds so let me know when to post and I’ll include a bit of blurb on the rework 😊

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2023, 04:45:53 PM »
That's brilliant John, @pompeyjazz,

Mine is finished too.  I've gone from loving the changes to scratching my head how I could get it so wrong and now, I love it. 

Hopefully there will be one or two more forum members to join in but in any event we will showcase our songs John.  I'll encourage you to go first. We'll know more in a few days from now re who wishes to join in.  I'm looking forward to hearing your track!

Paul

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2023, 05:42:43 PM »
Hello John,  this doesn't appear to be very appealing so far. 

Please feel free to post your song.  I would love to hear about its journey over the years.  Maybe this will encourage others to join in.  The thread will remain open for others to express an interest.  As indicated, I'll post my song 4 days later perhaps on \friday and hopefully that will also encourage others to join in at some point. 

I've really enjoyed the experience of reworking an older song from my album "A Kiss Before The Winter".  I'm sure you'll instantly recognise my song once it is listed. 

Anyway, go for it John @pompeyjzz.  I'd list it in the review section with a reference to this thread :)

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2023, 09:23:06 AM »
Update - my song is half way done but I'm struggling for time this week due to work commitments, so it may be next week before its ready.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2023, 09:47:16 AM »
Well I've got an old song sang with just piano(but it clearly needs more) so I'm gonna work on it this week and see if i can make something of it, everytime I've had a go it just didn't happen, just seems to one of those songs aint gonna go anywhere..like all my songs..LOL
will be in touch.
If I feel brave enough i might put the before song up with the after song..you never know. @Wicked Deeds
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 01:00:12 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2023, 06:45:54 PM »
OK so been working on the old song today, will do some more tonight and tomorrow so should be finished tomorrow evening, (unless I bin it ) anyway let me know when to put it up, I'll put the before and after up,
the before is just piano and vocal, the after has been messed about with quite a lot..came out ok if I say so my self, wouldn't have had a go at it if it wasn't for this thread.. @Wicked Deeds

best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2023, 07:13:05 PM »
@shadowfax,  I love it when a plan comes together.  Activities like this really bring our community together. 

I was going to be next up when I thought only John and I were going to embrace this challenge.  However, I'd be delighted if you would now step in on Friday to list your song ahead of mine.  Please showcase in the review section and refer to "Old for new' in your title after the song, as John @pompeyjazz has done.  If you could provide a little background information, that would be great.

Once again, everyone is welcome to join in. We'd love to hear your revised projects. 

@Nick Ryder, pease let me know when you've put something together.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2023, 11:13:44 AM »
So..to be clear, I will post the songs..the old one and the new one on Friday 29th?

cheers, Kevin   @Wicked Deeds
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2023, 12:56:28 PM »
Hello Kevin @shadowfax.

Yes, that's right. I messaged @Boydie to get the ok. It's something that helps the forum so we have permission to go ahead, even if you have recently listed a song in the review section.

Please post on Friday. The next participant can post the following Wednesday.

Once again, this challenge is open to all forum members who have reworked an older composition.

Paul

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2023, 09:01:09 PM »
I've finally finished reworking my composition 'Sing". It's taken an age.  I've considered the tiniest details from so many angles and I can finally conclude it has been so satisfying. 

I'm happy to take a back seat should anyone else step forward to present their songs first but must admit that I'm fairly excited about this challenge.

It would be great if anyone else would like to join in. 

Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2023, 09:07:09 PM »
@Wicked Deeds Great initiative Paul and well done for getting something going on the forum. It would be really good to have some more stuff going on like this. If you’ve got an idea for something then go for it. I’m looking forward to hearing the other reworked songs. Nice one 😊

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2023, 09:14:42 PM »
@pompeyjazz,

thanks, John, I'm going to make it my business to suggest one or two new ideas. This place deserves to be vibrant for all of the great contributors who return to make this a fantastic place to visit.

Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2023, 11:30:04 PM »
Just to add to the discussion.

I think it's a good idea @Wicked Deeds and I'll look forward to seeing what people come up with. For myself, I said elsewhere that a lot of my recent album (about 1/3) was reused ideas/tracks and I don't feel it's in the spirit of the comp to just drag one of those out. I'm currently busy on a mammoth project with Sarah Paradise-Brown but while we set it up we are going to be working on some individual tracks to get ourselves in the groove. It may be that one of those is an old one and if so I'll come back and throw my hat in the ring, if it's not too late. I must admit, I am feeling quite musically drained, having been writing/recording non-stop for over a year now so I'm trying to keep my energy in reserve somewhat or else I'd knock up a track no problem.

Sorry for this long excuse of a post, as this is a really fun thing to be doing and I'd love to join in under different circumstances.

All the best and good luck. I'll be keeping an eye on it even if I can't actively join in.  :)

CCB