konalavadome

Spitfire Audio or Native Instruments?

• 9 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: April 21, 2022, 06:45:05 PM »
Are these two different things or the same company? I can't figure it out.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 09:14:36 AM »
Dear Vicki they are Similar, Spitfire stuff is great.. @pompeyjazz put me on to them, some of their stiff is on the pricey side, I have a fee of their pianos and Most of the free labs packages.

Native instruments is way more of everything, i personally dont use them for anything , so I’m not writing from experience. I’m just a bit wary of paying for some huge library of sounds that I’ll struggle to find what i want.

I tend to buy individual instruments 

I’m sure someone else can explain more about Kontakt etc…

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 02:52:56 PM »
I'm a big Native Instruments fan. Buying individual instruments ends up quite expensive but getting a Komplete package (contains A LOT of stuff) is very cheap for what you get, but of course if you're not interested in much of it, it's a waste of money. The new violins, viola and cello instruments are phenomenal and everything else is of a very high standard. There is some free stuff available from them too, which is worthwhile if you're lacking in soft instruments and there really are no catches.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 04:19:58 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, @cowparsleyman and @Bankie ! I did wonder some about getting lost in the sea of instruments if I got big packages. I suspect a person who goes that route tends to settle on a few favorites over time. I think I'll keep watching for a good sale; I'm sure I've seen them in the past. But I might splurge on a guitar package in the meantime. We'll see. It helps to get input based on others' experiences.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 05:36:19 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, @cowparsleyman and @Bankie ! I did wonder some about getting lost in the sea of instruments if I got big packages. I suspect a person who goes that route tends to settle on a few favorites over time. I think I'll keep watching for a good sale; I'm sure I've seen them in the past. But I might splurge on a guitar package in the meantime. We'll see. It helps to get input based on others' experiences.

V if you’re looking for amp sims I can thoroughly recommend Amplitude 5 max by IK multimedia, and scuffham amps. Their bass emus are not as good as the individual bass amp sims on plugin alliance, which actually Univeral Audio’s at a fraction if the price. Strangely the Diezel VH4 from plugin alliance is a very good alrounder, its a metal amp but has some great clean and gentle crunch, similar to scuffham.

I tried many many amp sims, some are very complex (bias) others just sound awful (waves gtr) or take ages to dial in the sound (bias) others just don’t give value for money,
Anyway best if luck.

And if you just mean ACTUAL guitars then good on yer.

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 09:45:11 PM »
I personally have never used Spitfire Audio’s stuff, but I hear it’s very very good.

Native Instruments have been a god send for me, especially their Sunburst Electric and Acoustic Guitar virtual instruments. If like me you aren’t a competent guitarist these are really invaluable. They’re super easy to use and they won’t breaks the bank.

If you are looking for orchestral stuff, a tip: I have Kontakt with a free version a free trial package of loads of sounds. There’s no limit on the trial datewise, but you can only use it for a small period of time (10mins or something). It takes a bit of planning, but what I do is arrange everything, record it in, then bounce it down as .wav so I can keep it forever in the track. Free Kontact Orchestra!
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

Kafla

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 01:16:31 PM »
I totally love native instruments 🥰

To the point where I will rarely record a guitar now as it’s just so easy to midi keyboard it.

The “session” instruments are really cool as they have hundreds of pre set patterns you can trigger. All the other instruments you need to play. I reckon the fingerpicked guitar would be a great match for you 🙃

The strings are so lovely.

At Black Friday  they make everything half price 🤩❤️

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 02:42:29 PM »
Thank you, thank you! @Jack Simmons and @kafla -- and @cowparsleyman again. It's all very helpful and I think I'll go ahead and get one or two of the guitars, possibly the ones Jack suggested, and consider a package when they go on sale.

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 06:12:10 PM »
Thank you, thank you! @Jack Simmons and @kafla -- and @cowparsleyman again. It's all very helpful and I think I'll go ahead and get one or two of the guitars, possibly the ones Jack suggested, and consider a package when they go on sale.
Did you buy anything yet? I have the latest full Komplete Ultimate package, but before that I had bought the below. I can therefore transfer licenses to you, though IIRC, these take a couple of working days to come through. No payment necessary.

- Session Guitarist Electric Sunburst (V1)
- Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic
- Session Guitarist Strummed Acoustic 2

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 07:31:27 PM »
Yes, @Bankie - I sent you a PM.