konalavadome

I Can Breathe

• 54 Replies

flossie

• Platinum Album
« on: May 09, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
I think this is finished!  ::)

https://soundcloud.com/hewood29/i-can-breathe

I am in a ballady sort of mood (erm as usual!!!)

My mum think the melody should resolve on the word anything, any thoughts, as i said I had thought it was finished!!! ;D

All feedback welcome
x

Lyrics:
I can breathe

Here I stand before you
Here I stand in the light
I know that it's hard to ignore me
well sometimes I can't get it right

No reason given
no reason sought
Just a little bit of heaven
In my arms, in my thoughts
No reason given
you were meant to be
Cos you were meant to be

I can climb a rainbow
Feel the wind as she blows
As long as you're beside me
Well I can do anything
Well I can climb a rainbow
I can breathe
I can breathe

No I won't feel no sorrow
No I won't feel no pain
I know it's just words that are falling
Who am i fooling not you today

No reason given
no reason sought
Just a little bit of heaven
In my arms, in my thoughts
No reason given
you were meant to be
Cos you were meant to be

I can climb a rainbow
Well I can do anything
Well I can climb a rainbow
I can breathe
I can breathe
I can breathe
Breathe, Breathe
I can breathe

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:57:22 PM »
The quality of the recording sounds better than usual.

I`ll listen to the song properly tomorrow....busy at the moment..you know.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:18:27 PM »
Excellent vocal performance, good tune and lyrics.
Thoughts: It may sound silly but I'm nots sure you've the right title. The words that lodged in my memory afterwards were : 'no reason given'  'beside me' and 'anything' . I thinks thats possibly because at 1.12 and 1.18 [and later on] the key lines "I can breathe" are too quiet, its better at the ending when you go up. If that is the title then it needs to stand out.
Hope that helps in your discussion with your mum!
:) :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

terrysains

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 04:29:12 AM »
What a yummy song with yummy lyrics, really enjoyed.
If people were asked to listen to the song and guess the title, I think they would struggle, as I would have guessed 'I can climb a rainbow' which I love, you have too many good hook lines in one song!!
Enjoyed very much. Terry.

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 05:23:40 AM »
Very well delivered song.I enjoyed to listen to it.Recording quality is good I think. For me "I can breathe" is not the best choice too.I would name it "Climb a rainbow"
Thanks for sharing
Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 08:24:12 AM »
@neilc @terry@fischermans Thanks you're all right, and I think I'm going to call it Climb a Rainbow instead! I just thought that might be too twee??!!  Thanks also for the vote of confidence in the song. 

@stc, I tried harder to record properly this time!!!

x

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
Girl, you sure can sing !!!

I like I can breath as the title. I know it's a not quite as strongly sung as some of the other lines but is repeated so many times I feel it is the logical title. Sure the rainbow is technically a better lyrical hook but is only used twice at the star of verses so I don't think it has the same memory footprint as I can breathed just my tow cents worth.

But a super doper song. Loved it.

Allan.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »
Hi Flossie,

Excellent vocal. This for me is what you're great at; stripped down, bare emotion, sparse music. When it's this good it doesn't need the circus around it. Just simple and beautiful.

Title: "Killed By Death??"  :) Well may be not. I like "I can Breathe" too. Or simply "Breathe." Or, "That song with that bloody good singer doing a cracking job."

All the best.

Digger

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 03:05:28 PM »
If this was a downloadable song I would buy it in a heart beat- your vocal is flawless and the song is beautiful. I agree with the Climb a Rainbow title, makes the song very intriguing, plus it's so original. Love this though!
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »
It's been a while since I heard you last.

Massive step forward I think. Vocal is great!

Well done on a really great song Flossie. We're quite similar with singing technique I feel.

Alan.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 03:47:02 PM »
Yes iv`e had a couple of listens..the clearer recording  as made this stand out,and it`s  slightly less emotional than some of your other stuff,which i also like.....the vocal delivery also sounds well done..

This is very promising . ;)

Kafla

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
You really are so talented Floss

Such a brilliant singer - totally off the radar - you should be a star

But please watch your diction - you sometimes 'mumble ' - get your tongue round those words - btw minor flaw  ;) mumble was the only word I could find - its not as bad as a mumble  ???

What a lovely tone on your piano  ;D

But this is world class and then some -  I could listen to this all day - and probably will  ;D

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »
Beautiful, Gorgeous, Sexy.......and the song is great as well ;D ;D  You just need that 'one' song to catch, and I have no doubt you will be a star.  But you already are for me Flossie ;D ;D  Loved it xxx
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 09:05:35 AM »
@digger  ;D Killed by death   - interesting but probs shouldn't put death in the title of one of my songs they are depressing enough already  :D  Glad you liked it though - I wish I was adept at the circus bit though!

Jess, thanks -  that's such a compliment. - I wasn't sure if the title would be corny with Rainbow in it but corny or not I think it has stuck!

@Alan - It has been a while, I was trying to concentrate on some instrumentals for a couple of stock libraries I belong to.  I didn't produce nearly as much as I wanted and so had to come back to songs for a while - it's much more fun!  I think I am improving a bit, I'm still learning how all knobs and buttons work so lots more progress to be made but thanks, that is a real confidence boost.  Yes it's probably our age - re the singing!

@stc I was less lazy with this one - still haven't got the hang of things with production but it's getting better I think! I think I sound a bit aggressive on this one, not sure if it should be a lighter/sweeter vocal...don't know.  Thanks for the listen

@Kaf :o  Oh I really don't think so but thanks that's really, really  kind  :) You're right about the diction funnily enough I have only recently discovered that I am quite tongue tied - hubby would disagree  ;D I tried to EQ the piano with my new EQing skills!

@Bin  ;D :o :-* *blushing*  That's what I would like just one song and that would do me.  I really just want to lurk though (and pay a bit off the mortgage!) Glad you likey! You always make me smile - cheeky! x

weaver

• Busker
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 09:00:02 PM »
wow,the power and emotion in the song gave me goose bumps,wonderful vocals and great piano,I hope you are making pots of money from your talent,if not there is something wrong