The Perfect Line: A New Musical

• 2 Replies

MadViolist

• Busker
  • I'm just a Broadway Baby
« on: June 24, 2018, 04:36:49 PM »
Hello everybody!
I'm back after a while as I have been intensively working on this new work of mine. This week I have premiered my first musical and while it's actually finished, I plan to get back to it in let's say a month. To see what worked, what didn't, etc --- so it is finished but from dramatic point of view things might (not) be changed later.
Any feedback on this is appreciated very much - whether you react to single songs or the whole work. The list of songs and programme notes are in the video description for easier understanding.
The recording is from the live performance, I've cut all the dialogues or applauses.
[/youtube]
Filip

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 11:42:58 PM »
My name being jack I decided to review Chances.

The drums work really well on this with the pizzicato and piano parts. The second section is damn beautiful, like really beautiful. The vocal performance and style works really well. Im unsure about how you recoded and produced this but I think this aspect takes away from it for me. It wasn’t to easy to hear all the parts clearly. If the mix was improved it’d be really good. Good luck with your show I listen to some more if I get the time.

Good job man.

MadViolist

• Busker
  • I'm just a Broadway Baby
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »
My name being jack I decided to review Chances.

The drums work really well on this with the pizzicato and piano parts. The second section is damn beautiful, like really beautiful. The vocal performance and style works really well. Im unsure about how you recoded and produced this but I think this aspect takes away from it for me. It wasn’t to easy to hear all the parts clearly. If the mix was improved it’d be really good. Good luck with your show I listen to some more if I get the time.

Good job man.

Thanks a lot! This whole thing was recorded on a super basic recording device that I just put in front of orchestra during the concert where it was presented ... that probably explains why it's not always very balanced, haha. This recording was done mainly as demo material so I could approach theatre producers with it :)
Filip