Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

The only Star

(1/5) > >>

Jamie:
Hi all, a new song for your consideration and constructive criticism! Lyric is self explanatory ( I think  ::)). This song file was called guitar noodles when it started, so I had a few guitar chord and note progressions which ended up being the song. I was playing around in alternative tuning which I think is in itself a motivational and inspirational thing to get you going if you are stuck in a bit of a rut (works for me anyway!). I was aiming for a particular sound and build and wanted to rock it out at the end. It's also in an unconventional time signature (again). Hope you enjoy it, I had fun doing it! I wanted to call it Hysteria but Muse beat me to it!

Cheers

Jamie
https://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/the-only-star

The only Star

You think you're pretty cute, you think you're so smart
You talk you calculate, strip it all apart

Delusional and hysterical is how you are, you really, really are

You don't know everything, what do you really know
I think I know it's time, payback for what you owe

In your lonely Universe you are the only Star, you are the only Star

Wonder what you think before you go to sleep
If you knew what they think I'm pretty sure you'd weep

Everything's so rosy when, you are in control
You laugh and joke a lot, when you're on a roll

In your lonely Universe you are the only Star, you are the only Star

Sebandme:
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is class! Right up my street! Love the delusional and hysterical verse is epic @Jamie :)

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra:
Very rhythmical vocal which gives the song a standout identity especially with it rising like that in the chorus. Quite bouncy all round in fact, right from that nice intro. Makes for a pretty catchy track.

Sounding good Jamie. Like the guitar.

Unclenny:
I really like the time signature of this one.....it keeps the listener completely involved right to the end.

I agree with @Sebandme about that delusional and hysterical section. That really works.

Great ending as well!

moraamarolaloba:
Hola @Jamie

Wow, the melody is really difficult to sing, up up and up...
What can I say? The mix maybe could  have less high color? It is a small appreciation, It despot matter because the track sounds great and the guitar works fine.
The lyrics....  I think a lot of us can be portrayed here... hopefully only at some moments!!! hahaha
It has a nice listening!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version