konalavadome

Song Lyric "You Do the Thinking"

• 17 Replies

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 08:53:24 AM »
Right, I'm on an intense lyric review! And now I've realised how much I've missed reviewing lyrics! I love this! It's got such a rhythm to it and sounds really bouncy. My only comment would be the word specialize is used in the chorus and then straight after in the verse, I mean it's a tiny thing but hey I need to at least TRY and find an improvement in this fabulousness!
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 05:50:19 PM »
My only comment would be the word specialize is used in the chorus and then straight after in the verse,

Good catch.  I'll definitely change that somehow.  Paulski noticed that I used the same word "focus" in two consecutive lines, and flagged that.  It wasn't clear to me WHY he had flagged it.  I thought it was because the word doesn't sing well..... but it's actually because I used it twice.  I only caught on to that when you pointed this one out.... so you've helped me with YOUR observation, and helped me to understand HIS observation. 

That's a lot of help. Thank you so much.  And I WILL make both changes.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 02:31:21 AM »
Made the two small changes Jess and Peejay suggested to eliminate overused words. 

"Specialize was used in the second verse only two lines away from where I used it in the chorus... so I changed the "specialize" in the verse to "shake things up".

And I used "focus" in two consecutive lines.  I changed the first "focus" to "concentrate on".

Thank you Jess and Peejay.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.