konalavadome

Bless Your Soul

• 47 Replies

Dutchbeat

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 07:50:37 PM »
thank you Benjo, case closed as far as you are concerned, i appreciate that

but nevertheless, as far as i am concerned, i STIL think a response from Saeed would be approriate and even needed

and i will  continue to have that opinion untill other forumites or the other administrators silence me

Dutchbeat

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 07:52:38 PM »
hi Mark, i see you response was before mine

could you please just try to keep this thread on topic this time please

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 07:54:53 PM »
hi Mark, i see you response was before mine

could you please just try to keep this thread on topic this time please

I was just replying to a post which quoted me as saying the song was "utter crap". This was false and therefore surely I am entitled to defend my corner???

Dutchbeat

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 07:59:52 PM »
HiMark, you seem to get mis quoted a lot and misunderstood a lot, but before we end up discussing your 28 years of living from music again, and you judging whether other peoples opnions and reactions on other forummemeber's songs are genuine etc.

and the average level of the songs on this forum in your opinion (see, it happens again, i misquoted you also)

I really just would like to keep this issue on the issue it is about, if possible, ok

i have a feeling that is not going to happen.... :P :-*
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:01:26 PM by Dutchbeat »

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 08:32:05 PM »
HiMark, you seem to get mis quoted a lot and misunderstood a lot, but before we end up discussing your 28 years of living from music again, and you judging whether other peoples opnions and reactions on other forummemeber's songs are genuine etc.

and the average level of the songs on this forum in your opinion (see, it happens again, i misquoted you also)

I really just would like to keep this issue on the issue it is about, if possible, ok

i have a feeling that is not going to happen.... :P :-*

Tell you what Dutchbeat, I'm just going to leave the mutual appreciation society to give each other a big pat on the back because this forum has turned into an absolute joke. There's more plagiarists and thieves on here than hung around with Ali Baba.

Just for the record. In my opinion this song is rancid, and if writing and playing music were a criminal offence, the characters involved in its inception would die innocent. The music is yet another rip-off from Saeed's "make everything sound like Carlos in 3 easy steps" CD, and the lyrics reek of so much fromunda cheese they make Michael Douglas' foreskin smell as though it's been pickled in Dettol.
The song is SHITE...yet there's a couple of bellends arguing over it!!! Andy's version is way more clever, musical, and entertaining, and it probably took him all of 25 seconds to write, record, and post it.
Anyway, all the best, I wait with baited breath for the itunes release of Bless You, Bless Your Bollox in the Autumn. I'm going to go away now and write the follow up to it. It's entitled "BITE ME, BITE MY BANGER" Bye bye  :-*

PS Tiocfaidh Ar La  ;D

Dutchbeat

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 08:46:59 PM »
and weirdly enough, this post finally is for 80 to 90% on topic

i was trying to point you to your quite angry responses and disrespectful tone in another thread
and hoped we can stay on topic

but since you are leaving, i think we can talk about what the thread is about, ok?

thank you

oh and:
het moet ook moeilijk zijn om bescheiden te blijven als je zo geweldig bent als jij!

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »
het moet ook moeilijk zijn om bescheiden te blijven als je zo geweldig bent als jij!

Literal translation is bog off,open another can of special brew and stick a haggis up your ~@*$

;D ;D ;D ;D

Dogmax

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 08:57:06 PM »
My reading of all this is, who is next, collaboration between lyrics writers and musicians is great to see on this Forum and it must be a wonderful feeling for lyrics writers to find someone to put music to their words, so to keep that trust alive and well, do the right thing Saeed.

Because the worse thing that can happen here is no one will want to collaborate with you because they wont trust you, there is a great community of talented people here and two of them today got a bit carries away with their words, well okay maybe a lot more than a bit but as always it will past, but this happen because you refuse to say anything, is that telling us you don't really care that other members are falling out because of this.

I don't think you're like that Saeed, so do the right thing.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
My head is telling me to not get involved - but...  ::)

I have read " the other" thread and I have read this thread and I think MARK has raised some very valid points - but I was left a little confused as to why he was getting such a rough ride from others, especially some that I know are very decent members of this community  ???

I have been away from the forum for a while due to holidays and being super busy with the band so when I can get online I am unable to listen to tracks for reviewing - so I have still not been able to listen to this track

However, I think the "issue" and people getting their "wires crossed" has arisen because those involved in the "collab" are obviously more inside what went on, whereas those just looking from the outside are simply seeing a collab that went a bit wrong  :-\

Both in this thread and "the other" thread people are "poking" each other for a reaction, which has further clouded the "facts" for those not fully inside what has gone on - and it doesn't help that the written word is notorious for skewing meaning and losing any sense of irony/humour so I do take forum "flame wars" with a huge pinch of salt

"The Facts" (as I have gleaned from the 2 threads)

Ultimately it does appear that this song was "born" out of a collab - which is something SAEED has referred to in his original post - so he does acknowledge that the song was "taken over"

We are therefore left with what was actually "taken" that belonged to BENJO

Again, I think MARK made a sensible suggestion for BENJO to post what he thinks was taken

We all know that only lyrics and melody are subject to copyright so if chunks of lyric have been lifted or a melody has been taken from someone else then it is a clear copyright violation - for this there should be a clear and decisive response from the forum as this is clearly unacceptable

If "ideas", the "meter" of the lyric, the structure of the lyric etc. were lifted then I think we are talking more of a "moral" and "manners" issue to give some credit or thanks to the previous collaborators - or to at least send them a PM/Email to let them know that the song had been finished and was being posted

At the moment it doesn't seem to be clear what is exactly being argued, which is leading to confusion, crossed wires, "flame wars" (which are always entertaining but not good for the forum  ;))

I think BENJO did exactly the right thing by raising this privately so I am not sure why it has turned in to a very public debate

Debate is healthy and I do hope we hear from SAEED as DB has requested

However, can we please stick to the FACTS of the matter - we have already potentially lost one member (who I hope will reconsider) and turning on each other is not going to help get this issue resolved

...and I think SUZY was spot on to point out the irony that the song is about peace & goodwill

Bless Your Souls  ;)
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:22 PM »
Is now an inappropriate time for a forum singalong?

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE *whistle solo*...*but I can't actually whistle so this is going to be fun...*

Thought so...
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »
I was thinking of Peace sells, But who's Buying.  :)

Ecoute

• Busker
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 09:54:38 PM »
@Dutchbeat  I have read all the comments and am quite shocked at the personal insults thrown at people.  I would like to comment, please, if I may. Firstly Mark Ryan has every right to reply to an accusation about him. That is part of the thread, just as each person is 'invited' to give their honest opinion and yes, we need to be careful how we do that.  What Mark has contributed here has been of much value in his time and consideration, as have others, I know. I do not feel there has been a fair and mature overview on this and people have gone away offended and upset.

Regarding what I've read: It is very hurtful and harmful to make personal attacks on folks. If someone gets angry, (and we can all get angry), please try to keep it under control and think before you write.

I have one question for Benjo.  Benjo, I hope you don't mind me asking but my question is this - I know you were very upset at what has happened but did you contact Saeed in private, to talk to him first about this? There is a saying that goes... 'correct a person in private, praise that person in public'.  If the person refuses to listen or meet you in your points of upset, then, by all means, bring it into the public forum.

Please do not leave it like this. Mark should be contacted, Saeeb should have that talk with Benjo,  and we should wait and see the outcome. All should make their peace, apologizing if/where needed.  Love, peace to all.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 10:15:35 PM »
ok, fair enough, i think i am wrong then, i just found his remarks disrespectful and extremely arrogant, and very off topic
could be a cultural or language thing, and i have not been well and easily annoyed lately
but anyway i stand corrected
as i simply can't stand this sort of behaviour, so i have to go

Keep the music coming!!! and have fun guys (and galls)

God, now what, what am i going to do with all this spare time...........

my goodness, that is a lot of spare time

Ecoute

• Busker
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 10:22:41 PM »
@Dutchbeat I had missed your last comment. Very disappointing at your personal sarcasm towards Mark. With respect, sir, for the Moderator, that is very unprofessional and may even suggest there is more than one on here who has reacted with Mark and his music and songwriting.  I do hope on reflection, apologies will be made. We all have to do that, every now and then.  Take care.

Ecoute

• Busker
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 10:37:32 PM »
@Dutchbeat Your reply went up as I posted, it seems. No, not a language or cultural thing, but a personal thing. Still, nice to see the reply  :) I hope Mark is contacted and Benjo and Saeed talk again about this. Goodnight.