I can only guess

• 21 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 04:14:32 PM »
Hi, Thanks for listening!

@pompeyjazz

Hi John, The chain for the chorus vocal was a bit experimental, it's using guitar effects and amps which I sang the chorus through, then turned the vocal down so that you could barely hear it, double tracked it with a relatively 'clean' vocal with a little reverb and there you go.The effects became a bit of a 'ghost' vocal with the effects still appearing.In the chain there was the following! Noise gate, guitar tube burner pedal, ring shifter, enverb, silver verb, guitar amp, EQ, moicrophaser, delay and compression.....The chords start with F Sharp minor 11, F minor flat 5, aug 5th, E6, F flat 5th to give you a flavour.... ???

@Paulski

Hi Paul, yes after a period of doing many short songs I've reverted to my old ways with a lengthy effort. Sometimes I feel you need to keep going to get the vibe you're aiming for.....Yes, plenty of synths...Glad you enjoyed it!

@man made material

Helllloooooo from my maaaassssiiivvveee sttttuuuddddiiiooo! Love the 'epic' and 'anthem' comments. I was kinda aiming for anthemic   ;)

Thanks for listening!

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 04:23:56 PM »
Hi , thanks for listening!

@Wicked Deeds

Hi Paul great comments, nice to know that I'm moving in the right direction production wise, every day's a schoolday! Pleased yo thought the effects work, I am usually a bit sceptical about effects/noises, but I wanted to set an atmosphere....Also your comments about the emotion is interesting. In the chorus I didn't have words and was just 'vamping' with various phrases and words, and when I fell upon this construction the emotion seemed to be built in, a bit weird really?

@kevysc

Hi Kev, glad you enjoyed it,I'll take haunting elegance any day!

@Melusine2

Hi Cecile, glad you enjoyed it, yes sad, but cathartic...Look at my response to John ref the chords...

@montydog

Hi Alan, yes I wasn't aiming for bees I was aiming for flies, and yes the thought of extreme sunlight, heat, air shimmering and a possible 'dead' thing, did cross my mind.... ;) I was just trying to create an atmosphere, or soundscape as you suggest. Grea comments, cheers!

Great comments, very pleased!

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 04:31:21 PM »
Hi Thanks for listening!

@Sebandme

Hi, I aim to surprise.....what's that behind you? :o Thanks for listening!

@PaulAds

Hi Paul, kind comments. I know you are an ace 'storyteller' lyrically, but I can't do that, so I aim to have words that suggest a possible story and leave plenty of room for personal interpretation, so your comment about the lyric is spot on! Glad you liked the sounds, never quite sure about sound effects....suppose it depends? Thanks for the comments on the vocals!

@MichaelA

Hi Michael, so, I swept you up in my concoction and took you into my World of fantasy :o :P. Must get some fly spray in my studio......

Cheers guys!

Jamie

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2021, 05:54:42 PM »
A fabulous song. Some really interesting chord progressions and a spectacular vocal arrangement. I wasn't expecting the drums and bass to come in like that and it really gives the piece another dimension. Great use of atmospheric sounds. Love it :)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2021, 12:14:50 PM »
Oh how dark and how very sad.... The music matches those bleak lyrics perfectly... Loved the intro .. and disturbing introduction, real impact there and when it reappears after the first chorus .. The sparse first part works really well.. Great contrast when you get going in the second half.

No suggestions .. just really enjoyed another fab creation of yours @Jamie !!

K

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2021, 02:13:53 PM »

Hi guys, thanks for listening and commenting!

@ChrisPrice

Hi Chris, One of my 'things' is to search for unusual chord structures and phrasings. My ears perk up when I hear something 'unexpected'. Glad you enjoyed them they are a bit unconventional. Thanks for the words on the vocal arrangement I wanted the emotion to come through, hopefully it did.

@MonnoDB

Hi Karen, Great comments thanks! Yes the lyric is 'typically' bleak ???. Most of mine are..... :P Like the 'creation' description , I did want to risk it not being a conventional structure, seems to have worked..... 8)

Cheers

Jamie

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 02:56:43 PM »
Like the intro very much. A very surprisingly song. Nice listen.
Thanks for sharing.
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><